Stop leaving guns in your cars..

I wonder if all the people in this thread saying don't tell me how to treat my property are the same type of folks that think girls should cover up because they're just inviting sexual assault....ViCkTuMsZ SMFH.

Women should be able to make their own choices free of fear from attack. But that's not the world we live in.

And if you present yourself as a prime target, you cannot be surprised if you get targeted. It would be nice if more women carried and those despicable excuses of human beings started thinking twice before deciding to attempt something even if they "made themselves a target"

You can throw hypotheticals out all day. This one is almost totally avoidable. Situational awareness can save from getting into a fight better than having a readily accessible weapon can save you once you're in one. It should take precedent over you trying to be able to grab your gun out of your side door panel because you couldn't risk being "slowed down" with having it stowed out of sight.

Let me make it clear I do not side with those that want them in a case or with a wire lock. But some folks seem to hate the idea of having it out of sight at all. And the excuses behind them are generally poor, reckless, and denote a lack of training.
I would definitely agree with the out of sight part, it was calling people idiots who weren’t “securing” to other’s satisfaction I had a problem with.

I mean, advocating for locking your firearm is 100% lack of training and mindset. Good thing that gun will be safe from theft cable locked to your seat frame while your blood is pooling from your dead body in the middle of the packing lot.

I literally said I do not advocate locking it up.

I believe you have missed my point. There are always compromises that are taken in SD decisions.

My point was not to be prepared for the unlikely, but to be MORE prepared for the MORE likely event.

Plenty of gun owners are prepared for an event that they have a 1% chance of running into, but won't be prepared for an event that they have 10% chance of running into. Adding a miniscule amount of time to deployment of a vehicle-secured weapon vs potentially arming a criminal is a non-decision with that in mind.
So what did you intend with this post?

And to point out the specific line: "Adding a miniscule amount of time to deployment of a vehicle-secured weapon vs potentially arming a criminal is a non-decision with that in mind."

Women should be able to make their own choices free of fear from attack. But that's not the world we live in.

And if you present yourself as a prime target, you cannot be surprised if you get targeted. It would be nice if more women carried and those despicable excuses of human beings started thinking twice before deciding to attempt something even if they "made themselves a target"
So, hot chick gets raped/attacked/etc and she holds some blame because she's hot and didn't try to hide it hard enough?!

I don't think we're in disagreement.

I am pro-"truck gun", and I am pro-secure it. The extra seconds to retrieve a secured one vs an unsecured one (no specific way of "securing") would not have made the difference in the referenced shooting.
I dont think you know what you believe in… you have talked in circles…

So what did you intend with this post?

And to point out the specific line: "Adding a miniscule amount of time to deployment of a vehicle-secured weapon vs potentially arming a criminal is a non-decision with that in mind."

Fair point. The term "secured" evidently has a variety of definitions in peoples mind.

1668536271092.png

The third definition was what I was implying.

More so out-of-sight. The argument that if it's not out in the open for the absolute fastest deployment then it's almost useless is nonsense. I understand some wish to open carry. It will almost always be faster than drawing from concealment. But i'll still conceal because the pros outweigh the cons. Same thought process. **Cons of an out-of-sight weapon in the vehicle don't outweigh having it be targeted by a hoodlum who would have otherwise walked by to the truck with the NRA sticker on the window.

The mental gymnastics some of y'all are going through is astounding.

Trying to make analogies that don't apply.

Strawman arguments

Hating what was said simply because a cop said it.

And the funniest by far was claiming that the extra second or 2 to retrieve a properly secured truck gun, which is the fallback if a pistol can't get the job done (E.G. (1)Ran out of ammo in pistol and falling back to the truck gun which is as likely as getting hit by a meteor. (2) Fighting off a mob of people which is typically preceded by poor decision making should you find yourself in that position, or again, a massive statistical unlikelihood. (3) Target is too far to accurately engage with pistol)
None of these most likely scenarios, which are still insanely rare, would mean those extra seconds would have much, if any, effect in the fight.

The copium is crazy.
Another post that advocates "securing."

Back
Top Bottom