• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

High priced Guns & Cheap scopes?

Nikons have always had great glass. Even on their cheaper models. The M308, not P308, but the M series was a $500 scope by Nikon. I liked the M series but I just wish they came in mils. Or course when Nikon releases the black series they immediately stop their scope production.
I really thought that the Black series was going to be a money maker for them. Compete with Vortex's PST line.

I was at River Bend Gun Club one day and I was shooting My AR-10. It had a Nikon M-308 scope on it at the time. I think they went for 499 at the time. The guy next to me had a higher line scope on his bolt gun. . I can't remember if it was a Night force or Trijicon. I asked if I could look through his scope and compare the two. I honestly couldn't tell the difference in clarity or light transmission. Now I am sure his would hold up to rougher duty conditions than the Nikon. I had that scope for 7 or 8 years and it never moved on zero one 1/4 MOA that whole time. Now I'm sure I'll catch flack from the scope snobs and yes I'm sure that the his scope was better in more areas but from what I could see in those two areas I didn't see a whole lot of difference. Those Nikon scopes were great kit. They were light and held zero forever. I wish I still had it.
7iitrz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom