Ford Mopar or Gm

Found On Road Dead? I don't think so.

Government Motors? Pass

Mopar is the only way to go...

You like Fiats huh?

There's good and bad in all of em

I've had excellent nearly flawless service with Toyotas

Fords Chevys and Dodges are ok if you can buy them for half price of a Toyota or Honda
Since you know they are gonna break down more and depreciate "like a rock "

If you are buying brand new. Might as well get a Honda or Toyota based on the depreciation alone

If you're buying used. I'd get a big 3 at auction since they are cheap Usually half price of an comparable Toyota

I work to hard for my money to be blindly brand loyal

Nothing designed after ~1970 has any class or style at all

I have a 75 bronco and a 77 K-10

Really miss my 66 Thunderbird
Wish I'd never sold it

My company work truck is a 12 tundra 5.7. It makes right at Double the HP of my personal 04 Ford 5.4.
My expy wih the 5.4 is really underpowered

The tundra has double the power and gets 3 mpg more city and hwy
Gets 14.5 city and 19 hwy withe the cruise set @77mph
Expy is a total wimp and gets 11.5 city and 16 Hwy

Bought is cheap though
A 6 yr old ford or GM at an auction is half price of a comparable Honda or yota

Last edited:
I've had all three domestic trucks. Things I liked and disliked about all of them. Currently loving my dodge. Knock on wood, no problems at all, only 77k miles, but it's on 04 on 37"s bolt on built and I give it a little hell

It depends on what model, engine , trans configuration from any auto maker.

Some are more reliable depending on the engine/ trans they have.

For instance, the ford ranger with the 4 cly, 5 speed was a bullet proof combination with almost zero friggin problems.
I had a 1996 model with the 4 cyl, 5 speed manual that outlived three of my relatives rangers that came equipped with the 4.0v-6, and automatic trans.
The 4.0 was famous for head gasket problems and the trannys were less than reliable against the 4 speed manual in longevity and gas mileage.

I still own a 1999 chevy astro van with the 4.3L V-6 with over 300-k miles but needed two tranny swaps....other than that a reliable van with little running complains over the years although. I hate the damn hydro boost brakes because I did lose my brakes once when I threw a serpentine belt since the hydro boost brakes run off the power steering pump.......lose a belt, lose your. Os and your brake booster.......It was hard to stop, luckily I was going at slower speeds on an off ramp when it happened.

I am a mopar guy all the way and have owned several classics, muscle cars.

I currently have a bulletproof jeep cherokee 1999 model as well as my daughter with the same year/ model.....they have their issues but they take a beating but you do need to fix their quirks from time to time with sensors and crap......drivetrain wise.....bulletproof.....just helps to have mechanical skills to own one.

Of all the big three I'd say ford gets my vote with quality but you have to be selective in what you get based on extensive online reviews on engine choice.
I own a 2007 e250 cargo van with the 4.6L V-8 and it still drives like new with 140-k miles...no complaints other than a constant check engine light from a torque convertor lock up code.....I guess its so etching to do with the trans module letting it hang into gear too long before shifting to a higher gear.....emissions exempt due to weight so I ignore it as I don't notice any driveablility issues.

I love the looks of the new dodge trucks and the new jeeps but they're pricey.

I have much respect for the ford motor company for telling Obama to stuff his bailout where the sun don't shine so that strengthened my respect for their company as they did well for themselves despite Obamas totalitarian efforts to control them like he did with others.

Honda?.......cheap maintenance, bulletproof reliability and decent gas mileage depending on model....yep, they get my vote.
I own an 08 Honda odyssey and it drives like a dream, maintenance is affordable and I have not had ANY issues with it other than the brakes kinda suck.......they don't grab like they should...they feel soft despite trying different composition pads, factory and aftermarket.

Toyota?.....same thing......cheap and good quality.

Mercedes and BMW?......junk......Imwork on them for a living and they are German taxi cabs with cup holders for the American market......they are expensive as hell to maintain and break down every other day....their transmissions suck, their lighting sucks, and they have more control modules than the international space station.
The more bells and whistles, the more problems you will have.

Ford took that gubmint money too, same for all of em. It was funneled through their financing arms, GMAC was no more when this happened

Back
Top Bottom