• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Changing plugs and coils Ford 5.4

see this link and use the FORD TSB
I like the MotorCraft carb cleaner in the red can for the soak, turns the carbon to goo
also get the Leslie Tool before you start, the recommended Rotund Tool is not as good

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=5.4+plug+change+tsb

get a hose/tube attached to a vacuum to evacuate the combustion chamber of and liquid and porcelain bits
and if you did have to break the porcelain for the puller do a lot of suction sometime a smaller hose will hold a piece and you can lift it out of the hole
after doing this and before the plugs are installed crank the engine over to further evacuate any liquid

Cherokee Ford and the Ford Dealer in Cartersville charges $300 regardless of how many plugs they break

I've read that the NAPA tool is also really good.

I put antiseize on both the lower shank and the threads due to the heads being aluminum.
Didn't have so much in my way on the firewall as was the fuel rail and harness bringing the wiring to the coil packs, injectors and sensors on the front passenger side. #4 cylinder was the only one I had problems getting too

The reason they stick is because of carbon buildup. What I always do is get the engine hot first then Crack all the plugs about 1/8 turn no further then fill all the holes up with carbon cleaner let it sit and boil out of the holes on top of the spark plugs. After that I use an electric impact gun to loosen the plugs. The impact will actually break up the carbon and cause the plug to come out it won't usually break the tip off.

don't believe marketing strategies everybody has the best tool
if you want to make it easy on yourself get the leslie tool

Marketing strategies? I don't read that crap. The info I've gotten was from correspondence with members of the various F150 forums who have used several of the tools.

Back
Top Bottom