2010 Nissan Xterra 92k miles VS 2005 Toyota 4Runner 76k Miles?

Thanks for all the input! I have it narrowed down to the 05 4runner SR5 with 76k miles or a 2006 4runner V8 ltd with 97k miles for about 1500 more..

What do you guys think? I'm going to go test drive them today..

Thanks for the expert advice Brother! Looking forward to your input on my question above.

The V6 has pretty good power but if your going to tow very much I would get the V8

The V8 has leather and all the goodies, nice looking aftermarket wheels and the 06 body style is sharp.. Gas mileage is a little worse but it seems like only 1 or 2 mpg less..The v8 has a timing belt VS a timing chain.. The v6 has about 20k less miles but Im not sure how much that really matters in these vehicles..Cant wait to go see them soon..hopefully today

The ONLY issue I know of with the V6 Yotas is the head gasket going bad randomly for no reason at higher miles. My personal mechanic and good friend swayed me from the V6 model and suggested the V8 for that reason. He's a Toyota master mech. and has had his own shop for 25 years and done very well.

In your case, I'd go Toyota all day. I own a Nissan Xterra and I've owned the 4Runner too. There isn't any comparison. The Toyota is just a nicer, better quality and more reliable all around make.

Cool..toyota it is..so I now have a Lexus gx470 in the mix..one has 135k miles and 1 has 115k miles.. from what, I'm reading they are pretty bullet proof..any of you guys has experience with them?

The v6 4 runner was sold...and shamefully there is a rav4 sport package 4 wd in the running too now..it's got low miles and great gas mileage. .hmmm

Cool..toyota it is..so I now have a Lexus gx470 in the mix..one has 135k miles and 1 has 115k miles.. from what, I'm reading they are pretty bullet proof..any of you guys has experience with them?

The v6 4 runner was sold...and shamefully there is a rav4 sport package 4 wd in the running too now..it's got low miles and great gas mileage. .hmmm

My mom has one. Is about as smooth of a driving vehicle you will find.

I've got 382,000 on my v6 4runner. Original almost everything. Still runs perfect. Had the 4.7l v8 in my wife's lexus Lx470 and the head gasket went at around 250k, but it was because the radiator sprung a leak and it overheated. We only got around 14mpg out of the LX but it is a heavy 4wd.

Back
Top Bottom