2010 Nissan Xterra 92k miles VS 2005 Toyota 4Runner 76k Miles?

Speed6

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
28   0
Reaction score
I'm on the fence between a very sharp 2010 Nissan Xterra with 92k miles or a 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5 with 76k miles. Both are 4wd and have tow hitches.. Any input would certainly be appreciated! Prices are very close. Please share any experiences you have had with either..

Thanks in advance.

I was a tech for Toyota from '96-06. I own an '04 4Runner and an '06 Tundra. I highly recommend the 4Runner over the Nissan. Nissan Xterra is known to have trans trouble. If you could find a 4Runner with a v8, that would be better as they have a cast iron block, have more power, more towing capacity and get 17-19mpg. Either way you will be better off with the Toyota. My wife's 4Runner now has over 200k miles. Other than replacing bulbs and wear items, we've had no problems with it.

I was a tech for Toyota from '96-06. I own an '04 4Runner and an '06 Tundra. I highly recommend the 4Runner over the Nissan. Nissan Xterra is known to have trans trouble. If you could find a 4Runner with a v8, that would be better as they have a cast iron block, have more power, more towing capacity and get 17-19mpg. Either way you will be better off with the Toyota. My wife's 4Runner now has over 200k miles. Other than replacing bulbs and wear items, we've had no problems with it.
Awesome info, Thanks!

Toyota all the way. The wife drives an 06 4runner with the 4.0 V6 and its great. 138k and drives like it did when we left the lot with it new. Factory tires went to 80k. I put Michelins on it now and they still look new with almost 60k on them. Still on the factory brake pads also. Just checked them last Sunday and they have around 1/8" of pad left. Go with the Toyota.

Thanks for all the input! I have it narrowed down to the 05 4runner SR5 with 76k miles or a 2006 4runner V8 ltd with 97k miles for about 1500 more..

What do you guys think? I'm going to go test drive them today..

Thanks for the expert advice Brother! Looking forward to your input on my question above.

Back
Top Bottom