• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why can't traders be honest?

Well just damn. I took a break last night to watch the two WORST fights EVER on TV that I had recorded and when I came back things had escalated very quick. I just stayed out of it from that point on cause I was pretty sure Mr. Knowitall was gonna get the dunce hat or banned all together. I thought above_all above_all handled himself very well, by the way, what happened to his posts? Oh yeah, he probably deleted them like I have before when things started getting out of hand with hard headed people that cannot be reasoned with. Oh well, **** happens all the time around here. Great post by my buddy @JWC, I couldn't agree more. Well, carry on my friends, I have been informed by my wife that she wants to go to Carrollton and needs me to drive her so I'll check back later to see what else is going on. Have fun peoples! Lol

Tazz Tazz Thank you for the kind word. It is as you said. Thought it was going well for a while, but it turned ugly and decided to just get out of it. I don't mind a lively debate, but at some point I just get tired of pounding my head against a wall. It did get the adrenaline up and made for an exciting morning.

Enjoyed everyone's reasoned and tongue-in-cheek responses.

images

Tazz Tazz Thank you for the kind word. It is as you said. Thought it was going well for a while, but it turned ugly and decided to just get out of it. I don't mind a lively debate, but at some point I just get tired of pounding my head against a wall. It did get the adrenaline up and made for an exciting morning.

Enjoyed everyone's reasoned and tongue-in-cheek responses.

images
You're welcome brother, like my Dad used to say...Old age & wisdom always overcomes youth & stupidity. Lol

This place has great service, ask for a hat and you get one
He dang sure asked for it too. Lol

Apparently JkEnder you seem to be unaware that Freedom of Speech is limited in many ways, every day.
If you are not aware of that, you can test it by walking into any courtroom tomorrow when court is in session and start giving a speech. Ignore the silly judge telling you to be quiet. Try giving a speech from the balcony in the Senate chamber of our State capital while they are in session. Tell the Security types that you have Freedom of Speech.
Ask the local school Principals if you can address the students about the virtues and pleasures of gun ownership and the need to support the 2nd Amendment.
Those buildings are owned by ‘the people’, aren’t they?
So, how can they limit your Freedom of Speech?

You can also try it on private property.
Jump onto a table in a restaurant and speak or preach away.
Enter a private clinic and tell them you’ll be speaking all day about your views on morality and religion.
Ask local churches if they plan on giving equal time to speakers for a totally different religion, or worshipers of Satan, or Wicca, or give atheists the floor to tell everyone the horrible effects religion has on the public.

Since you believe in Freedom of Speech, do you adhere to the principle in your own home? Do you allow anyone who rings your doorbell in to speak about political parties or ideologies or religions different from your own beliefs? If not, are you violating THEIR freedom of speech?
Are you starting to get the message JkEnder?

This site is privately owned property that is made available for free public use within this site’s Rules, and guidelines.
Everyone who registers, to be a member here, has agreed to be bound by all of those rules and guidelines. This site also states that it “will change the rules on the fly” when needed.
That means this sight has the right to forbid, limit, or restrict certain topics, crude language and crude or inappropriate behavior as defined by this site. If you don't like it, take it up with the owner.

You have the right not to post here if you disagree with those Rules or guidelines.
You have the right to be somewhere else.
In fact, if it is so difficult to be on this site, you don't have to stay.
Pick any street corner, talk all you want, see how many folks give a flip.
Rent a billboard.
Rent radio time.
Rent TV time.
Start your own forum,….. hey that’s the ticket.
I would like to apologize for my comments the other evening. Alcohol and the ODT do not mix well for me. Ken Ford Ken Ford I am well aware of, and support, many of the limitations to the first amenment, specifically the rights of a content provider to limit content posted by members of a forum. In the cold light of sobriety, I recognize that allowing anyone to post anything about the pricing of an item would let internet trollism win the day. In my cups, I allowed my frustration at the occasionally outrageous pricing of some items outmatch my better judgement. I would like to specifically apologize to above_all above_all for my maniacal rant and genuinely, and sincerely, thank you for your service to our country.

How can you be for freedom of speech but want to moderate or control what people sell their personal property for? Maybe when he sobers up and his hat comes off he will make an apology....wishful thinking???
Even more scary, other Millennials share his ideals and they are allowed to vote, Yikes!
I actually didn't read this until after I drafted my apology, if that means anything. But you're not wrong. I was a total douche.

Back
Top Bottom