• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why can't traders be honest?

What if they paid $300 for it? Is it still worth less a year later, just because it's a year later?
Then by ATF rules he could/should be a DEALER.
 Courts have identified several factors relevant to determining on which side of that line your activities may fall, including: whether you represent yourself as a dealer in firearms; whether you are repetitively buying and selling firearms; the circumstances under which you are selling firearms; and whether you are looking to make a profit. Note that while quantity and frequency of sales are relevant indicators, courts have upheld convictions for dealing without a license when as few as two firearms were sold, or when only one or two transactions took place, when other factors were also present.

Then by ATF rules he could/should be a DEALER.
 Courts have identified several factors relevant to determining on which side of that line your activities may fall, including: whether you represent yourself as a dealer in firearms; whether you are repetitively buying and selling firearms; the circumstances under which you are selling firearms; and whether you are looking to make a profit. Note that while quantity and frequency of sales are relevant indicators, courts have upheld convictions for dealing without a license when as few as two firearms were sold, or when only one or two transactions took place, when other factors were also present.
You left out one very significant word....

LIVELIHOOD.

Profit for livelihood.

Not a problem, you said "what if he bought it at $300", all I'm saying is acording to ATF he may need to be a Licensed Dealer if he sells for a PROFIT. That's all, nothing else.

So you're assuming I would sell it for a profit? <------ Ill leave this be. It's self explanatory.

And you did leave out the word livelihood....here is my copy and past straight from the ATF website....with a link for you to go to if you like.

"The term “dealer” is defined at 18U.S.C. § 921(a)(11)(A) to include any person engaged in the business of selling firearms at wholesale or retail. The term “engaged in the business” as applied to a dealer in firearms means a person who devotes time, attention, and labor to dealing in
firearms as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit through the repetitive purchase and resale of firearms"

Bottom of page one...

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/1996-2-estate-sale-auctioneers-and-ffl-requirements/download

So you're assuming I would sell it for a profit? <------ Ill leave this be. It's self explanatory.

And you did leave out the word livelihood....here is my copy and past straight from the ATF website....with a link for you to go to if you like.

"The term “dealer” is defined at 18U.S.C. § 921(a)(11)(A) to include any person engaged in the business of selling firearms at wholesale or retail. The term “engaged in the business” as applied to a dealer in firearms means a person who devotes time, attention, and labor to dealing in
firearms as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit through the repetitive purchase and resale of firearms"

Bottom of page one...

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/1996-2-estate-sale-auctioneers-and-ffl-requirements/download

All I did was make a Statement, you started with the statement "What if they paid $300 for it? Is it still worth less a year later, just because it's a year later?" The whole has to do with selling for more than what the Value of the Gun for sale is as considered by the A: Seller and B: Some customers. All I did was PASTE a Statement from the ATF Site Verbatim. About Selling for PROFIT. That's all, No I Made NO ASSUMPTIONS.

Back
Top Bottom