• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why can't traders be honest?

No...my comment was to show that the gun will not be worth LESS in a year, just because it's a year later. I wasn't even talking to you. I was talking to Thomas Eeyore.

You assumed I would sell it for a profit...which is why you decided to jump in with the incomplete ATF dealer definition.

My question to you is this....Who gives a ****?

:rolleyes:

"The term “dealer” is defined at 18U.S.C. § 921(a)(11)(A) to include any person engaged in the business of selling firearms at wholesale or retail. The term “engaged in the business” as applied to a dealer in firearms means a person who devotes time, attention, and labor to dealing in
firearms as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit through the repetitive purchase and resale of firearms"
.[/QUOTE]

I think the red part is pretty self explanatory. Selling one every now and then is not necessarily doing it as a regular course of trade or business with the principle objective of livelihood .......... No more so than selling a used car every now and then would require one to get a used car dealer license.

No...my comment was to show that the gun will not be worth LESS in a year, just because it's a year later. I wasn't even talking to you. I was talking to Thomas Eeyore.

You assumed I would sell it for a profit...which is why you decided to jump in with the incomplete ATF dealer definition.

My question to you is this....Who gives a ****?

:rolleyes:
Yuup like you said Who gives a .....?

I just love the guys who buy a Glock and a year later think they can get the same price they paid for it.

Interestingly enough, Glocks are the only handguns I once owned and didn't come close to making my money back when selling. Over the years, I went through a number of firearms until I found what I really liked. Each time I sold a used one I didn't feel I lost the shirt off my back. But with Glocks, I always felt like I coming out on the short end of the stick when selling.

Definitely don't buy one as an "investment". They may be perfection, but they're a lot out there and don't get your feelings hurt when you try to sell it.

Back
Top Bottom