• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why can't traders be honest?

Well just damn. I took a break last night to watch the two WORST fights EVER on TV that I had recorded and when I came back things had escalated very quick. I just stayed out of it from that point on cause I was pretty sure Mr. Knowitall was gonna get the dunce hat or banned all together. I thought above_all above_all handled himself very well, by the way, what happened to his posts? Oh yeah, he probably deleted them like I have before when things started getting out of hand with hard headed people that cannot be reasoned with. Oh well, **** happens all the time around here. Great post by my buddy @JWC, I couldn't agree more. Well, carry on my friends, I have been informed by my wife that she wants to go to Carrollton and needs me to drive her so I'll check back later to see what else is going on. Have fun peoples! Lol

Fun OD'in on the ODT.:rant:

I propose an amendment to the site rules.. Anyone who post above MSRP shall be flogged. 1 lash per 1 Dollar above cost. That we make the MOD's masters of Arms and that it shall be their duty to preform the lashing and that it shall be done in Public as a warning.. If they continues to post outrageous pricing, one eye shall be put out with a hot iron. The site owner shall also furnish 1 weekly pint of Grog for each member...If ye receive the black spot, ye shall be removed from the site and marooned on a deserted site with one flintlock with one round..Eye, my mates, then we should have clean sailing on here.. Arrrgggg..

It would be nice to think that you could just take a mans word and a hand shake for anything. Unfortunately, everyone doesn't operate with the "A man's HONOR is his most precious possession" rule.
Of course it is always fun to set up a meeting to inspect. Then call them out in person.:evil:
Because you're foolish to just say " I'll buy it". Without the understanding that you'll inspect it first.

I understand wanting the most you can get for a sale or trade. Pricing something higher than you can buy it new from a store, then claiming it is a hard to find item, then getting miffed when someone calls you out and reports your post is ridiculous. This isn't in reference to one single seller/item but a general observation forum wide.

This is what it equates to, " I have a dollar bill, near mint condition. It's a hard to find dollar that was only made in 2016. I hate to let it go cause it's my special dollar. I want $1.25 for it" the poster gets no response and bumps the item a couple times, then, another member says,"That's not a special dollar and you're wanting more than it's worth.", op gets mad and reports. Lol
I understand your frustration. I see this all the time on here and elsewhere. It might be because the seller got screwed when they purchased the item themselves????or maybe they try to make a living off the gullible??? It IS sad and I feel your pain, so in an attempt to help you over this dose of reality that shows it's ugly head around here, I am willing to sell you my favorite most rare of all time 308/22Long Rifle/over and under high powered shotgun that was made in a special foreign land and sent to me through the catholic church bishop in Guatemala.....for the low low price of only two million dollars plus your personal favorite glock which you probably paid forty thousand dollars for because it was made in a special glock factory...........

I understand your frustration. I see this all the time on here and elsewhere. It might be because the seller got screwed when they purchased the item themselves????or maybe they try to make a living off the gullible??? It IS sad and I feel your pain, so in an attempt to help you over this dose of reality that shows it's ugly head around here, I am willing to sell you my favorite most rare of all time 308/22Long Rifle/over and under high powered shotgun that was made in a special foreign land and sent to me through the catholic church bishop in Guatemala.....for the low low price of only two million dollars plus your personal favorite glock which you probably paid forty thousand dollars for because it was made in a special glock factory...........
If you were only closer :doh: GLWS

Sehnsucht: Sehnsucht represents thoughts and feelings about all facets of life that are unfinished or imperfect, paired with a yearning for ideal alternative experiences. It has been referred to as “life’s longings”; or an individual’s search for happiness while coping with the reality of unattainable wishes.[4] Such feelings are usually profound, and tend to be accompanied by both positive and negative feelings. This produces what has often been described as an ambiguous emotional occurrence.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sehnsucht

Back
Top Bottom