• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why can't traders be honest?

How the f*** do you price a Glock, that you've put 500 rounds through, with custom stippling (that you applied, while drunk, with a crappy soldering iron), that you amateurishly tried to polish the internals on, and with a cheap extended slide release for MSRP+ $100? And, it's a .40. GLWS. All my warning points are from the same a**hole posting the same Walther PPX for a dollar over MSRP, when you could buy it from CDNN for over $150 less. I think we need a new category of MOD's that arbitrate prices and allow callouts on bulls***t pricing. These people aren't legitimate members, they are parasites that ruin this site like every other forum that is overrun with douch*s. If your price is fair, your item will sell. If you want to flip crap, face the wrath of the masses.

All I'm saying is that Sellers have a right to ask for whatever they feel is fair, Buyers have a right to pay whatever they feel is fair, and the Peanut Gallery has a right to say whatever they want about it. Real ODT'ers know what an item is really worth. Let's respect the Constitution, the Second amendment exists to protect the First. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. The first amendment protects one's right to say whatever they want, without fear of censorship. Clearly, some members don't like hearing what they don't agree with...

Which side are you arguing? Both? That's good. Have another drink and don't **** with good members like @above_all

Which side are you arguing? Both? That's good. Have another drink and don't **** with good members like @above_all
upload_2016-2-20_7-41-51.png

All I'm saying is that Sellers have a right to ask for whatever they feel is fair, Buyers have a right to pay whatever they feel is fair, and the Peanut Gallery has a right to say whatever they want about it. Real ODT'ers know what an item is really worth. Let's respect the Constitution, the Second amendment exists to protect the First. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. The first amendment protects one's right to say whatever they want, without fear of censorship. Clearly, some members don't like hearing what they don't agree with...
No you don't have a RIGHT to do or say any of those things.
The first amendment protects you from reprisals from the govt. Iit restricts the Govt and from making laws limiting Political and religious speech. The founding fathers explained all this in their letters and explanations.
It does not limit rules put into place by private entities like this site.
Or are you saying you cannot do anything if I come into your house cuss you and your wife out and you cannot do anything because of the 1st???

I know schools now days don't teach what they should, but that doesn't excuse you from doing simple research.

No you don't have a RIGHT to do or say any of those things.
The first amendment protects you from reprisals from the govt. Iit restricts the Govt and from making laws limiting Political and religious speech. The founding fathers explained all this in their letters and explanations.
It does not limit rules put into place by private entities like this site.
Or are you saying you cannot do anything if I come into your house cuss you and your wife out and you cannot do anything because of the 1st???

I know schools now days don't teach what they should, but that doesn't excuse you from doing simple research.
You come in our house cussing us out, my wife is going to smack you up side the head, then I'm going to drop kick your azz off the back deck, but we'll let you live only because you're a Mod..:becky: 1st amendment stops at my door.. ask my children..

Apparently JkEnder you seem to be unaware that Freedom of Speech is limited in many ways, every day.
If you are not aware of that, you can test it by walking into any courtroom tomorrow when court is in session and start giving a speech. Ignore the silly judge telling you to be quiet. Try giving a speech from the balcony in the Senate chamber of our State capital while they are in session. Tell the Security types that you have Freedom of Speech.
Ask the local school Principals if you can address the students about the virtues and pleasures of gun ownership and the need to support the 2nd Amendment.
Those buildings are owned by ‘the people’, aren’t they?
So, how can they limit your Freedom of Speech?

You can also try it on private property.
Jump onto a table in a restaurant and speak or preach away.
Enter a private clinic and tell them you’ll be speaking all day about your views on morality and religion.
Ask local churches if they plan on giving equal time to speakers for a totally different religion, or worshipers of Satan, or Wicca, or give atheists the floor to tell everyone the horrible effects religion has on the public.

Since you believe in Freedom of Speech, do you adhere to the principle in your own home? Do you allow anyone who rings your doorbell in to speak about political parties or ideologies or religions different from your own beliefs? If not, are you violating THEIR freedom of speech?
Are you starting to get the message JkEnder?

This site is privately owned property that is made available for free public use within this site’s Rules, and guidelines.
Everyone who registers, to be a member here, has agreed to be bound by all of those rules and guidelines. This site also states that it “will change the rules on the fly” when needed.
That means this sight has the right to forbid, limit, or restrict certain topics, crude language and crude or inappropriate behavior as defined by this site. If you don't like it, take it up with the owner.

You have the right not to post here if you disagree with those Rules or guidelines.
You have the right to be somewhere else.
In fact, if it is so difficult to be on this site, you don't have to stay.
Pick any street corner, talk all you want, see how many folks give a flip.
Rent a billboard.
Rent radio time.
Rent TV time.
Start your own forum,….. hey that’s the ticket.

I just don't get the need some people have to tell others what they think of their prices. It is one thing to PM and say "Hey I'll offer X" and when the person responds that it's low, you can have a conversation about it and possibly politely share what the going price is in your area. Or just move on and not stress over it. I had a guy really lowball me once and when I turned him down he said "well I can get it at store X for this price" and I said (i hope politely) that would be a better choice for him as I just couldn't match that price. And of course he got upset.

It's like calling a bluff in poker. If you tell me store X has it for this price and I can't or won't match it, then move on to store X. Let me learn the lesson when my gun never sells.

Back
Top Bottom