• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whats the most rediculous offer youve gotten yet?

In 1979 I was selling a sweet Yamaha 360 Enduro in perfect shape, with about 5000 miles on it, for $600. Those babies had some serious torque! I had a friend of a friend, show up wanting to strike a deal. As we talked, I was able to ascertain that he currently lived in a travel trailer in someone's backyard in Panama City, was currently unemployed, and had recently been released from the Georgia prison system, where he had resided for "several years". His offer was, "$50 cash, right now, and I'm good for the rest of it over the next couple of months." Of course, he wanted the title transfered then, because he didn't know me and had trouble trusting people with this sort of thing. LOL!!

Wow. Just wow. I think we have a winner folks lol

Wow. Just wow. I think we have a winner folks lol

The rest of the story is that about a week later, he showed up with an absolutely beautiful young lady from PC; she couldn't have been more than 18 or 19, and he had her ceremoniously count out six crisp $100 bills into my hand for the bike... I think he felt like it was some sort of moral victory over me. Go figure. I seriously didn't even want to know how he convinced her to buy him a motorcycle, but am quite sure that she cried into a pillow over this guy at some point.

I had a guy offer up something for trade, that was about half of what I had for sale or trade. When I declined, he thought it odd and figured that I won the gun at a banquet for a $20.00 ticket and would jump at the trade. He did offer to do all the driving. LOL
(I guess if you win a million dollars on a mega million ticket for a buck the money isn't worth as much as if you actually worked for it?)

I had 2 newbies offer me a Trade.
I don't know what they wanted to trade for.
I'm not sure what one of them wanted to trade.

I think from now on I'll just reply with "Not Enough Information to make an educated decision".

The Craig's List people are invading the ODT.

the lowballs dont bother me, just say no thanks...it's the newbies who agree to a deal then drop off the face of the earth or repost the weapon...

I have offered a 3B/3B luxury waterfront condo in PC numerous times to no avail. It rents for as much as $479 a night during the peak season. Heck the dern thing cost me $140 a night 365 days a year. I have even tried bartering it to my dentist and MD for services rendered and never had a bite. I allows thought I was offering a great deal, I was never trying to get something over on anyone.

I wouldn't go to PC if you let me stay there for free. LOL

I have offered a 3B/3B luxury waterfront condo in PC numerous times to no avail. It rents for as much as $479 a night during the peak season. Heck the dern thing cost me $140 a night 365 days a year. I have even tried bartering it to my dentist and MD for services rendered and never had a bite. I allows thought I was offering a great deal, I was never trying to get something over on anyone.

Back
Top Bottom