• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whats the most rediculous offer youve gotten yet?

IDK, I'm all about wheeling and dealing, but if someone specifically say "firm" in my book that means the guy is not looking to negotiate.

I agree if it is a good price, but, if it's like other stuff I've seen on FB and CL people will say "firm" and want $100-$200 over MSRP. They're going to have to budge if they really want to sell it.

I had a $900 Rifle listed and was offered on one occasion an electric guitar ( I told him that unless the guitar can shoot, im not interested) and another fellow offered some livestock he raised (I actually woudlnt have minded the livestock, but my HOA would be PI$$ED OFF).

Other than that, just 50% offers.

I had a guy offer me a Taurus 24-7 for the dirt bike I had listed for $1300. I politely declined and he counter offered by trying to throw in some used Xbox games.

In 1979 I was selling a sweet Yamaha 360 Enduro in perfect shape, with about 5000 miles on it, for $600. Those babies had some serious torque! I had a friend of a friend, show up wanting to strike a deal. As we talked, I was able to ascertain that he currently lived in a travel trailer in someone's backyard in Panama City, was currently unemployed, and had recently been released from the Georgia prison system, where he had resided for "several years". His offer was, "$50 cash, right now, and I'm good for the rest of it over the next couple of months." Of course, he wanted the title transfered then, because he didn't know me and had trouble trusting people with this sort of thing. LOL!!

Back
Top Bottom