• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

updated dust test vid++Would have called me crazy 2 days ago. But seeing is believing

It's the quickness that the religious will quickly chalk up the initially unexplainable to "works of god, etc". That is scary. It's a remedial and primitive way of thinking, and that type of attitude being pervasive in society today scares me. It leads to foolish policy, stagnates research, and stifles innovation.

I'm not talking about YOUR beliefs, it's religion in general.

So your scared of something:
1) you don't believe in, and fear others do.
2) that other have believed for millennia, that again you do not.
3) that may influence things in research and innovation in support of things YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN

Sooo your scared of a something you don't believe in? Do you check under your bed for the boogie man every night? I know he isn't there because I kneel beside my bed and pray.

I do not believe in other religions... But I do not fear them. I don't have to embrace their beliefs, but I do have a standing order to "love one another". Insults and demeaning remarks founded in fear don't comply with those orders.

Last edited:
I have keep this to myself until now. I have had several experiences with ghost or what ever you want to call it before I was a cop and while I was a cop on duty don't worried about it brother. It states in the Bible that when you are born you are given a guardian Angel to watch over you. So dot let it bother you or anyone else on here.

3) that may influence things in research and innovation in support of things YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN

Sooo your scared of a something you don't believe in? Do you check under your bed for the boogie man every night? I know he isn't there because I kneel beside my bed and pray.

I do not believe in other religions... But I do not fear them. I don't have to embrace their beliefs, but I do have a standing order to "love one another". Insults and demeaning remarks founded in fear don't comply with those orders.

I was gong to stay away from the religious part of this thread until this post.

The reason that non believers are scared by a religious mind set is that religious belief and disagreements are responsible for arguably more murders, and sometimes by horrendous means, than anything else in human history...ever. Even without regarding that, theocracies are ALWAYS very oppressive and I'm fairly sure the more religious faith a person has, the more likely it is that they would like to see all government to be a theocracy. So yeah, blind illogical faith can scare the hell out of agnostics and atheists.

The reason that non believers are scared by a religious mind set is that religious belief and disagreements are responsible for arguably more murders, and sometimes by horrendous means, than anything else in human history...ever. Even without regarding that, theocracies are ALWAYS very oppressive and I'm fairly sure the more religious faith a person has, the more likely it is that they would like to see all government to be a theocracy. So yeah, blind illogical faith can scare the hell out of agnostics and atheists.

Have to agree and I'm a believer.

The blind faith mindset, and lack of scientific inquisitiveness is what's troubling.

It's the BELIEF (and what can come of it) that is the dangerous part, not the non-existent entity.

And...what bear said.

No one is discounting the Spanish Inquisition, multiple Crusades... Heck the branch Davidians. There are perversions in all things.

Like everyone with a gun is looking to be a mass murderer at the mall.

the root of my even tangling up in the topic was the snippy little jabs and harassment continually made at believers by many here as if they are entitled in some way because they as non-believers have the right. The mods may not call them out on it, but that does not make it anymore acceptable than say someone making light of a woman killed on her wedding night.

Last edited:
No one is discounting the Spanish Inquisition, multiple Crusades... Heck the branch Davidians. There are perversions in all things.

Like everyone with a gun is looking to be a mass murderer at the mall.

the root of my even tangling up in the topic was the snippy little jabs and harassment continually made at believers by many here as if they are entitled in some way because they as non-believers have the right. The mods may not call them out on it, but that does not make it anymore acceptable than say someone making light of a woman killed on her wedding night.

I was simply pointing out the differing ways of interpreting an initially unexplained phenomenon on this forum. There were those that immediately wanted to chalk it up to angels, ghosts, demons, etc without further thought, while others that sought a more logical approach. This plays out in many other "forums" outside of the interweb, and it's interesting. It illustrates some issues that I have with religion...not you.

It was simply an interesting little microcosm of how things play out on larger scales.

Back
Top Bottom