• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

RIBS; dry, wet, or both

Dry,Wet,or Both

• Total voters

NewLeaf

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Glad2bHere
30   0
Reaction score
I ain't a rich man ($$$$$$$) but Lord willing I'll be eating like one tonight. What we have here is dry rubbed (extra lovin rubbed) StLuis style poke ribs smoked for 4hrs (250 degrees) then mopped with sauce, wrapped up in foil and put back on the grill for 3hrs (200 degrees) . So tell me how to do this better if you can haha

Attachments

• dry ribs.JPG
    dry ribs.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 28
  • wet ribs.JPG
    wet ribs.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 27
  • sauce.JPG
    sauce.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 28
I do a dry rub using mustard as a base layer giving the rub something to stick to. Smoke at 225 for about 2 hours or until they get the rich mahogany color. Pull them and wrap in foil with brown sugar honey and butter and put them back on until tender. I like sauce on my ribs though so I put some local made sauces on mine or I make my own sauce. I like a hotter sweet sauce .

After sauce before devouring
IMG_20170730_190907_839.jpg

I do a dry rub using mustard as a base layer giving the rub something to stick to. Smoke at 225 for about 2 hours or until they get the rich mahogany color. Pull them and wrap in foil with brown sugar honey and butter and put them back on until tender. I like sauce on my ribs though so I put some local made sauces on mine or I make my own sauce. I like a hotter sweet sauce .

After sauce before devouring
View attachment 1958301
Them look Glorious :hungry:

I like wet ribs on occasion but i most mostly prefer dry ribs. My view is this: if I am served dry ribs I eat them dry and if I am served wet ribs I eat them wet. That way it’s up to the person who put all the time and effort into making them. I would never put sauce onto dry ribs because if the cook chose to do dry ribs, the spices, flavor and texture that they wanted to create would be masked by the sauce. I am usually the one doing the cooking and usually cook and serve dry rubbed ribs.

Back
Top Bottom