• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Air Fryer - gotta have or a gimmick?

Gimmick. And pointless is you already own a convection oven, because that's all they are: miniature convection ovens.

That is true.

The benefit is that it takes my regular oven about 10 mins to get up to 400 degrees (interior volume to heat). It takes my air fryer about 3 minutes.

Also the basket can be removed and put in the dishwasher.

Good ones are good. It will never be the same as an actually fried food.

IMO, unless you're getting a really good one, skip it. Unless you're doing it for health reasons.

This is said with some exceptions. It can do a good job cooking/baking and might be worth it economically vs the oven. I've never priced it out, but my oven cooks well and I don't mind a little extra time for what I know I'll like.

It's basically a small super heated convection oven.

air fryer seems to use a lot of power
have to wait for pre-heat cycle
cooking time is not so fast, did a re-heat for a burger on the re-heat setting, 280F for 20 minutes
then it has a cool down period after cooking
I could have warmed my burger in the microwave in less than 2 minutes with same results
the microwave gets used the most the toaster oven next

Myron Mixon don't use no air fryer!!!!!
Neither did John Wayne!!!!
You will be judged.
Conduct yourself accordingly....

Screenshot_20230826_144455_Instagram.jpg

Attachments

• 1705871905190.png
    1705871905190.png
    116.9 KB · Views: 3
Congrats! Air fryers have their place in the cooking rotation. Those air fried ranch potato wedges sure was good with that Boston Butt I cooked on the pellet grill last night!

Just stuffed the rotisserie basket full of wings. I hope I dont screw this up! But looks pretty easy so far.

Back
Top Bottom