• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Air Fryer - gotta have or a gimmick?

I was just looking at buying a microwave with the air fryer feature built in. I LOVE the idea of not dealing with cooking oil and cleaning it up when it splatters all over the kitchen. Seriously I have a Fry Daddy in the cabinet and I really dig batter frying chicken strips and catfish nuggets but I only do it about twice a year because of the mess and the smell that sticks around for days.
I ain't bought an air fryer yet because most of the ones I see seem to be too small. But when I saw there were microwaves with it built in I figured that's what we need here.

Ditto..to what all have said.
Best way to cook wings. We‘re on our third one thru the years. This does it all except microwave. Baked potatoes, onion rings, toasted ham and cheese…hell, to much to list. It gets used nearly everyday for something.

Absodamnlutely.
I don't know why I waited so long to get mine.
:thumb:
My SIL and her husband came down for a 2 week stay in July.
While they where here she decided I needed one and bought it for me.
I'd never really given them much thought but I can tell you that I use that thing now on an almost daily basis.
One of the best gifts I've ever got.

We have one and use it 3-5 times a week. “Air frying” is just a gimmick rebrand of convection baking. These things are mini convection ovens but with less volume than a normal oven, they heat much more quickly.

We like to cook bacon in ours among other things.

As someone else said - smoker to cook and air fryer at 400 to finish / sear is a great combo on many different types of meat.

My only regret was not getting the air fryer / toaster combo. I’m trying to convince my wife to replace our current air fryer, toaster, and microwave with one device.

Back
Top Bottom