• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Open carry vs concealed

Open carry doesnt scare me.

The only thing that scares me is how many gun carriers in this state will jump on ANY opportunity to bash open carry, label OCers as "idiots", and trash talk those who open carry. Most of them sound like campaigners for the democratic party and the brady campaign. They appeal to emotion and fear, and not common sense.

Before you bash OC, remember we are all on the same side. The person OCing is probably a staunch supporter of the 2nd amendment, and a defender of freedom and liberty.

I like people that open carry, because I've never heard a single person who OC's bash concealed carriers or call them idiots or trash talk them on the internet, like CC people do ALL THE TIME.

Maybe its just me, I actually prefer freedom and free will. If someone wants to carry, they should be able to choose OC or CC as they see fit. I'm just glad they're carrying.... too bad a lot of CCers dont feel the same way, what a shame really.
Cause OC can't see CC

Lots of emotion on this subject. Lots of OCs "bash" CCer at times.
Consences is that OC is cool unless it is done in a way that is obnoxious or gets the public upset and makes it harder when votes come up.

Open carry doesnt scare me.

The only thing that scares me is how many gun carriers in this state will jump on ANY opportunity to bash open carry, label OCers as "idiots", and trash talk those who open carry. Most of them sound like campaigners for the democratic party and the brady campaign. They appeal to emotion and fear, and not common sense.

Before you bash OC, remember we are all on the same side. The person OCing is probably a staunch supporter of the 2nd amendment, and a defender of freedom and liberty.

I like people that open carry, because I've never heard a single person who OC's bash concealed carriers or call them idiots or trash talk them on the internet, like CC people do ALL THE TIME.

Maybe its just me, I actually prefer freedom and free will. If someone wants to carry, they should be able to choose OC or CC as they see fit. I'm just glad they're carrying.... too bad a lot of CCers dont feel the same way, what a shame really.
If he would not have been carrying concealed it is very possible he would be dead!

If he was Open Carrying there's a very good chance this robbery would never have happened in the first place..... you can play it both ways.

IMO, the majority (not all), but the majority of bad guys do not go charging at OCers to commit crime. 9 times out of 10, I think a bad guy sees OC and walks away. How do you measure how many crimes OC prevents? You cant...

If he was Open Carrying there's a very good chance this robbery would never have happened in the first place..... you can play it both ways.

IMO, the majority (not all), but the majority of bad guys do not go charging at OCers to commit crime. 9 times out of 10, I think a bad guy sees OC and walks away. How do you measure how many crimes OC prevents? You cant...
How do you measure how many previously neutral voting soccer mom's get freaked out by the dogleg hanging from a hip in the produce section? You can't. How many get freaked out by the CCer's gun they don't see? Zero.

How do you measure how many previously neutral voting soccer mom's get freaked out by the dogleg hanging from a hip in the produce section? You can't. How many get freaked out by the CCer's gun they don't see? Zero.

I guess I don't live my life like that, in fear that my peaceful actions cause soccer moms to wet themselves....

My retort of what you are alluding to is that Georgia has been an open carry state for a long long time.... I see ppl OC almost every single week. No one is freaked out that I can tell, no one is calling 911, actually no one really seems to care...AT ALL. After all this time, we still have open carry... organizations like GCO have actually managed to IMPROVE the carry laws and make things better for the 2A in georgia. Doesnt sound like its pissing off too many soccer moms or the general public at all.

So to live my life in fear of all these liberal panty wetting soccer moms that are voting to take my rights away seems contrary to logic. It hasnt happened all this time people have been OCing, and completely contrary to your point, the laws have managed to get better. :thumb:

Reactions: J P
So, more succinctly, I'm not sure what leg you have to stand on when you allude that OC is bad because it makes liberals vote to take away our guns when in 20+ years of OC in Georgia the exact opposite has happened....:confused:

I have some friends that open carry. They say most people dont even notice or so it seems. I often hear "open carry is first target" but have not heard many real cases. ..

I'm all for OC and do so on occasion, when I'm on a bulldozer, or other piece of equipment in the woods, otherwise I cc. I don't care how other people carry or what they do but I do see it a more time than not, as the one OCing will be the first taken out in a active shooter situation. If everyone here (in the state) OCd there would be less crime and less talk about the "idiot" OCing.

I have some friends that open carry. They say most people dont even notice or so it seems. I often hear "open carry is first target" but have not heard many real cases. ..

I agree. I dont always OC, but I do on occasion. When I have, sometimes i will talk to someone for a few minutes before they even notice there's a gun on my hip. Kind of funny actually.

Back
Top Bottom