• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Open carry vs concealed

I guess I don't live my life like that, in fear that my peaceful actions cause soccer moms to wet themselves....

My retort of what you are alluding to is that Georgia has been an open carry state for a long long time.... I see ppl OC almost every single week. No one is freaked out that I can tell, no one is calling 911, actually no one really seems to care...AT ALL. After all this time, we still have open carry... organizations like GCO have actually managed to IMPROVE the carry laws and make things better for the 2A in georgia. Doesnt sound like its pissing off too many soccer moms or the general public at all.

So to live my life in fear of all these liberal panty wetting soccer moms that are voting to take my rights away seems contrary to logic. It hasnt happened all this time people have been OCing, and completely contrary to your point, the laws have managed to get better. :thumb:
Just my personal experience. I CC and I strongly support CC because in my mind it does what its supposed to do. It gives me the option to carry and gives me the obligation that I maintain a concealed condition. That way, no one needs to form an impression of firearms either way. Just like I don't pin condoms to my shirt (my other protection), I dont feel the need to OC. I feel like it creates friction where none is needed. Again my just my personal experience, the OC's that I see often give me pause #1. I have no idea if they are permitted, good/bad guy, so they have to stay on my radar. #2 And I hate to say it, most either look like backwoods rednecks or geared up tacticool cop wanna be's with a chip on their shoulder. Maybe we are seeing different people so YMMV but I personally get a negative impression from the OC's that I see.

I can understand where you're coming from. I've seen a few OC as you described, but most of the ones I see are business looking people dressed nicely, I've even seen a few moms open carrying.

As to the radar thing, when I'm in public I assume everyone might have a gun.... I guess it seems silly to me to think someone open carrying is any more dangerous than anyone else, the guy in a suit next to you might have an Uzi under his jacket. It's like a liberal argument I hear all the time, they don't like "seeing" guns, but they're seemigly ok with 20ppl in the store concealed carrying? What sense does that make? Seems funny to me

As a side note to all of that, we spend so much time talking about/bashing businesses that are not gun friendly and almost every gun store you go into has a sign posted that resticts carry to some extent.

Back
Top Bottom