• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bill of Sale vs. No Bill of Sale

if ya the original it might behoove ya to get a BOS, if say 5 yr later after ya traded it away and they did, etc etc, it gets used in a crime and they get it. YOU will be visited and a BOS dated, with a Name, 5 yrs ago might cut that visit short.
BUT
Haters.jpg

if ya the original it might behoove ya to get a BOS, if say 5 yr later after ya traded it away and they did, etc etc, it gets used in a crime and they get it. YOU will be visited and a BOS dated, with a Name, 5 yrs ago might cut that visit short.
BUT
View attachment 5795660

You actually make the visit much longer by showing them your bill of sale collection, providing them with evidence of your unlicensed gun dealings, and providing evidence for a potential civil suit against you.

To keep the visit short you simply politely tell them you no longer have that firearm and don't wish to answer any questions while closing the door.

Yep, that'll make em leave real quick and never come back, ya better lawyer up $$$$$$$$$$$, if you do that, they'll be back with a search warrent if ya blow em off and slam the door.
Your butt your choices Bro
I been there done that, from both side of th fence, have YOU any experience with this situation

I'm interested in selling a few items that I'm the original purchaser on and didn't know if I needed bills of sale or just make sure the purchaser had a current carry license. Opinions appreciated!
"Need"? No. "Want"? Your call.
A carry license isn't required in Georgia and only proves the person was overly eager to pay a tax for a right.
Whatever you decide, GLWS.

Back
Top Bottom