• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I had an incident and I handled it wrong.

i2.kym_cdn.com_entries_icons_facebook_000_007_508_watch_out_we_got_a_badass_over_here_meme.png
Not at all had my ass beat many times but learning to be able to defend yourself vs depending only on a gun is to me best interest in my safety.... Not to mention great excersize......that is to funny picture lololol

Glad things worked out OK in this case. I agree that when you are in the country, a few 12 gauge owl shots to the air keep people away for a while.

Sometimes red dots on key locations work miracles. Use the car keys to alarm car / lights etc as previously mentioned and have a red dot scanning your property while inside the house. This dot would of course be from a laser pointer. Just remember, its pretty easy to tell which direction a laser is coming from. Use appropriate cover.

Three years ago around 2 AM I chased down a 24 year old punk that was selling drugs and alcohol to my youngest son. Tackled him in the middle of the street in only my robe and nothing else. He freaked out pretty well with my severe wardrobe malfunction...priceless. The police did a brief check of his car and found nothing...the female officer was so concerned about his abrasions she wanted to take me to jail...a much smarter higher level officer understood what was going on and let everyone go home. He gave me his card and told me to call if I saw the guy in the neighborhood again. Less than a month later I made the call. The dealer is now in state prison.

Glad everything turned out ok this time. Glad that you made an assessment of your actions and learned from them. I hope there won't be a next time.

Thanks for sharing your story nd your post-incident thought process. Many of us may have reacted exactly like you did, but now hopefully we can all learn from this. Seriously, thanks for sharing. Good man!

Hasn't this been done nearly the same way and posted on odt? Good thing they thought he was a rapist. I didn't read all the comments . . .

The best part of this post is you reflecting on what happened and plan to correct what you see needs corrected.

A gun is only a tool just like a baton, knife or a sharp stick. Your weapon sits on your shoulders.

Back
Top Bottom