• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I had an incident and I handled it wrong.

Let's face it, we're now living in the third world. Fortify your homes, vehicles, and family.

Exactly! And the less you have to go into town the better! Most of us live in these overpopulated rapid growing towns that are under patrolled and these little thugs now a days can do as they please!

Don't feel bad. You learned from it.

About 20 years ago I was asleep and heard my car alarm going off inside my garage. I had forgotten to close the garbage door.

Grabbed my G19 ran out into the garage to see a guy hauling ass around the corner and down the street. I ran out onto the driveway to get a description. All at once I realized the motion activated flood light was on me and I was butt naked carrying my pistol in my driveway with that alarm still going off. Funny ****.

Turned out to be a homeless guy looking to steal change out of cars. He hit several of my neighbors cars.

A simple rule to follow.
If you wouldn't be where you are without a gun you shouldn't be there just because you have one. If someone is outside your house call 911 and let them handle it. If they try to force entry that’s a whole different story. It's not worth all of us trying to take up a collection for your legal fund when the dirt bag was outside your house. Zimmerman won his case but at what cost, he could have just got back in his car and let the cops handle it.
Just my 2 cents

A simple rule to follow.
If you wouldn't be where you are without a gun you shouldn't be there just because you have one. If someone is outside your house call 911 and let them handle it. If they try to force entry that’s a whole different story. It's not worth all of us trying to take up a collection for your legal fund when the dirt bag was outside your house. Zimmerman won his case but at what cost, he could have just got back in his car and let the cops handle it.
Just my 2 cents

While I agree, we are now unfortunately living in a time where there is no safe place. Violent crime can and has taken place everywhere; home, work, car, school, church, Walmart, etc.

Criminals are more brazen and ruthless than ever before (sociopathic and psychopathic). Many have the support of their families, friends, and communities.

It's not enough to take your property, they want to violate, torture, and kill innocent people. Decent people better wake up and stay alert (and armed).

Cracks me up hearing the stories about guys running out naked or partially naked. Maybe I am strange in the fact that I wear clothes around the house (at least most of the time) or maybe it's because I have kids. I guess if someone broke in while I was showering, then it would be just me and my Glock and that's it. That ought to scare the bad guys.

Thanks for stepping up and sharing your excitement. We all think about how we will react in a stressful situation, but most of us will not perform at a high level. Telling your adventure will hopefully make us all reflect and make better choices if we are faced with these things. Glad your ok buddy and thanks again.

While I agree, we are now unfortunately living in a time where there is no safe place. Violent crime can and has taken place everywhere; home, work, car, school, church, Walmart, etc.

Criminals are more brazen and ruthless than ever before (sociopathic and psychopathic). Many have the support of their families, friends, and communities.

It's not enough to take your property, they want to violate, torture, and kill innocent people. Decent people better wake up and stay alert (and armed).

I think we are in agreement, I am seldom anywhere that I am not armed, but if I
can back up I will. If you have to fight always win, but if you can avoid the
fight leave it alone. Obviously if there are innocents in harm’s way do what
you have to.

Back
Top Bottom