• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Have you ever seen a ghost or something you cant explain?

Got a couple.....when I was a kid many many years ago an old timer told me and my buddies cruzing around Stone Mountain at night (back when you could) that people had seen a man dressed in a Confederate Cavalry officers uniform walking around the back side of the mountain by the old skating trail that went through the woods. Dated a girl who claimed to have seen the same when she was back there.....Other story-house next to me had an elderly couple who lived there and one day the wife was in the hospital. Unfortunately the husband , who was by himself, fell down the stairs and lay at the bottom of the stairs where he died a day later. Felt terrible for not checking up on him that day. Anyways, a few months later the house is sold and a few months after that the couple who had bought the house started asking me questions about who lived there previously. They said their 4 Yorkies would bark while looking at something at the bottom of the stairs. Several times the wife said while walking up the stairs she would feel a chill sometimes at the same place. Interesting for sure....

Oh man. Never seen a ghost but I am convinced they are out there. The craziest things that have ever happened to me:
1. As a boy I spent a few weeks every summer at camp woodruff with the scouts. We stayed in large canvas tents on platforms in the woods. I awoke one night tangled in briars, in my underwear holding my sleeping bag. Remember seeing a lantern that hung in the latrine through the woods, found my way back to camp, woke up the guy in the closest tent to borrow a flashlight to get back to my tent.

2. While visiting my parents one weekend in college I woke suddenly in the middle of the night. I could see but couldn't move a muscle. I saw shadows all around me moving. After trying to move for attempts I tried screaming as loud as I could. It came out a near silent whisper. At this point I was scared out of my mind. I thought about what would happen when my parents found me and how they would assume I was in a coma etc but my brain was fully functional. Eventually after what seemed like an hour I began to regain feeling. I have since read more about sleep paralyses and it is more common than you think. Super scary.

My wife & i lived on James Island in SC for a few years. We had never had anything happen until the last 6 months. One day I was shaving in the bathroom during the day with all the lights on in the house. In the middle of my shave, the lights only in the bathroom where I was just shut off. The switch wasn't flipped nor the braker just the lights where I was. I didn't really notice what had happened until about 30 sec after it did because of all the natural light i had. Freakin weird. I didn't make the connection until later due to not being all that up to fate on my Civil War history despite being the area where it all pretty much started but James Island was a fortified area during the Civil War and a good place to look for artifacts.

I'm not a believer in the paranormal. But I'll make some arguments here.

How come people see ghosts only up until around 300 years in the past? How come no caveman ghosts?

Clothes are not creatures, clothes cant die. So why do ghosts have clothes? Some ghosts are seen carrying other things like guns,which are also not alive.

Are ghosts conscious? If so, why are people who are alive, yet knocked out conscious? If consciousness is a condition of physical brain health, how come ghosts can be conscious?

Although we knew it was illegal/wrong back in the late 60's me and 2 high school friends armed with only blankets sneaked into the Andersonville Prison stockade area with plans to spend the night..........we tried, we didn't make it thru the night, LOL. We each heard voices-screams-yelling and felt being shoved and kicked. It was a dumb idea, damn Yankees.

I'm not a believer in the paranormal. But I'll make some arguments here.

How come people see ghosts only up until around 300 years in the past? How come no caveman ghosts?

Clothes are not creatures, clothes cant die. So why do ghosts have clothes? Some ghosts are seen carrying other things like guns,which are also not alive.

Are ghosts conscious? If so, why are people who are alive, yet knocked out conscious? If consciousness is a condition of physical brain health, how come ghosts can be conscious?

I believe there have been mentions of spirits for as long as humans have existed. At least as long as humans have recorded history they have recorded encounters with spirits.

Of course I have no first hand knowledge but I would assume that if ghosts do manifest then they are constructs of thier own perception of themselves. So if they appear in clothes it would be because that's how they feel themselves. They would manifest as they lived and knew themselves. Clothing, possessions, all projections of their own individual consciousness.

My own story was nothing dramatic but it was shared by several other co-workers 20+ years ago. I worked night receiving at a WalMart store in Kansas after I got out of the army. We were all stocking shelves in a closed store(back then we closed at 11 and re-opened at 7 or 8). Each person had their own areas to stock and I was stocking household chemicals(cleaning supplies, laundry detergent etc.). While putting something on the shelf, out of the corner of my eye I saw someone step across the intersection of the crossing aisle and slowly walk across and out of sight. I didn't react because it took a second to realize that it was a tallish man in a dark suit. No one on receiving wore a suit to work of course. I went and looked but of course, no one was there. Within a few nights, the whole crew ended up sharing encounters and strange events. A shopping cart of merchandise was left in one place while we all went to lunch. When we got back from lunch the cart was gone. Two girls were stocking on opposite ends of an aisle when a bottle of shampoo slowly (I hate to use the word) "levitated" from the shelf in the middle of the aisle and slowly descended to the floor in the middle of the aisle where it settled down standing up. Obviously didn't fall off is the point. This was a few months after Sam Walton died and no one ever suggested it was Sam checking in but no one ever suggested anything else either. LOL.

I have many stories but I don't share them publicly. All I can say is that from a very early age (3-4) I have experienced strange things I cannot necessarily explain. Several incidences I don't remember but my parents tell me. There have been 3 situations in the last 10 years that i cannot explain for the life of me. All I know is that if you go looking for that kinda stuff it will find you. So I mind my own business and try to stay away from it cause it always seems to find me :\

I have many stories but I don't share them publicly. All I can say is that from a very early age (3-4) I have experienced strange things I cannot necessarily explain. Several incidences I don't remember but my parents tell me. There have been 3 situations in the last 10 years that i cannot explain for the life of me. All I know is that if you go looking for that kinda stuff it will find you. So I mind my own business and try to stay away from it cause it always seems to find me :\

You are an empath.

Back
Top Bottom