• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Have you ever seen a ghost or something you cant explain?

hikingthehills

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Lego that laid the Golden Hen
74   0
Reaction score
Here is my story. I know there skeptics out there and I don't blame ya. I the only time I have had something unexplained happened was about 10 years ago. My cousin Johnathan his girlfriend my uncle and myself all moved into my grandfathers house after he passed away to help pay the bills till it sold. I was hanging out with my cousin till about 10pm with him and his girlfriend in their room when I decided to go to bed. I went to the room shut the door and laid down. About 5 minute after I laid down I heard the front door open and it sounded like my uncle had came in with maybe my other cousin with her kids who didn't live there. I could here a kids voice hollering Papa, Papa. After that I could here footsteps coming down the hall. It was all hard wood you could hear every step. I laid there for another minute then I heard a knock at my door and my cousin Johnathan asked me if I heard that. I was like yea, what's up? He told me to look down the hallway and at that point it hit me that everything was dark. There was nobody there. My blood cold ran friggin cold, I was so freaked out that I slept on the floor in my cousins room that night. They heard the exact same thing that I did down to every detail. That was my only freaky experience but it was enough to make a believer out of me. And just to be clear I think 99% of those ghost hunter shows are pure BS but after this I'm sure something else is out there.

The only show that I think has a shred of credibility is Ghost Hunters on Syfy. They were the original show before all these other goobers wanted a slice of the action. I have met them several times at conventions, etc. and chat back and forth with one of the founding members from time to time. They said that over 90% of the cases referred to them have a normal explanation that isn't ghostly and that they are able to debunk the majority of "evidence" that is out there.

I have two stories. First was on my 14th or 15th birthday. It was a school night so I decided to go to bed around 9:30 to 10:00. I was halfway asleep when I looked at the digital alarm clock. The second I looked at the clock it changed from 10:09 to 10:10, I was born at 10:10pm. But that's not the crazy part, the exact time the clock changed to 10:10 my window shade went flying up. It was one of the old one's you would pull and it would roll up. I jumped out of bed flew downstairs and told my parents I was not sleeping in my room that night. Lol.

The second story happens on my in-laws property in tallifero county. They have about 125 acres of hunting property and go out there a few times a year. Some of the property is wooded and some is pasture. At the front there are a couple old slave houses. Her brother and dad have told about numerous times where they hear little children laughing and talking. They've camped out and hear the children at all times from just before sun down to sun up. I've been out there a few times and never heard anything. But, the last time we went out it was just before sun down and he started hearing it. It was creepy, but I attribute it to the sound of some kids playing and the noise traveling and echoing around. They swear it's something else because they hear it in middle of the night when camping. It's freaked her brother out so bad that he won't stay out there over night anymore.

Who knows, I'm a skeptic when it comes to that crap.

I have two stories. First was on my 14th or 15th birthday. It was a school night so I decided to go to bed around 9:30 to 10:00. I was halfway asleep when I looked at the digital alarm clock. The second I looked at the clock it changed from 10:09 to 10:10, I was born at 10:10pm. But that's not the crazy part, the exact time the clock changed to 10:10 my window shade went flying up. It was one of the old one's you would pull and it would roll up. I jumped out of bed flew downstairs and told my parents I was not sleeping in my room that night. Lol.

The second story happens on my in-laws property in tallifero county. They have about 125 acres of hunting property and go out there a few times a year. Some of the property is wooded and some is pasture. At the front there are a couple old slave houses. Her brother and dad have told about numerous times where they hear little children laughing and talking. They've camped out and hear the children at all times from just before sun down to sun up. I've been out there a few times and never heard anything. But, the last time we went out it was just before sun down and he started hearing it. It was creepy, but I attribute it to the sound of some kids playing and the noise traveling and echoing around. They swear it's something else because they hear it in middle of the night when camping. It's freaked her brother out so bad that he won't stay out there over night anymore.

Who knows, I'm a skeptic when it comes to that crap.
I think that would have freaked me out as well with the blinds flying up like that!

There is a little town right outside of Baxley,Ga that is somewhat renowned for its ghost stories. One of which is the railroad tracks that run through and how you can see a light moving up and down the tracks (I think maybe looking for his head or something). When I was in high school, a car load of us went down to check it out and sure enough, there is an unexplained light. Saw it for myself and could not come up with a reasonable explanation.

Edit...forgot to mention the town. Google Surrency,Ga for more insight into my story.

Not directly...

I used to live in a house on Peachtree Dunwoody when I first moved to Atlanta. There were a few guys an 2 girls in the house.

We all had heard strange stuff like footsteps and what sounded like kids running across the roof but only every blue moon so we always wrote it off.

One night I was up and down the stairs doing laundry and one of the girls was home doing homework in the living room. We were the only two in the house.

I walked downstairs to grab the next load and when I walked back up she look at me strangely. She asked me where I came from. I told her I just walked up the stairs. She looked at me very confused and said she just spoke to me as I walked by her on the way to my room (30 seconds beforehand) and she asked me to turn off the light.

I looked at her again and told her that was impossible as I had been downstairs the past 15 minutes.

She said someone walked by her without a doubt and she thought it was me......it was not.

We packed up and sleet at her boyfriends place that night.

Im not afraid to admit that I tucked my tail and ran.

Last edited:
I saw a fox run so fast you couldn't see his legs, maybe he didn't have any and was just floating:noidea:

Back
Top Bottom