Camping scare stories.

I was in a hunt club in the 70;s and we had a 90 acre track that was in Oglethorpe county. There were old home places and such on the land and a small river thru it. Big virgin timber. Had a guy that hunted from the ground down there and he came in one morning and told us of seeing 3 Confederate soldiers make there way thru the bottom and across the narrow part of the river. He said they never spoke but made hand gestures as they moved silently thru the woods. Well move on to 2001 and yep had a completely different person tell the same story in the same area. I have been on that piece of property many times and it has an eerie feeling about it,but have never seen the soldiers myself.

I was in a hunt club in the 70;s and we had a 90 acre track that was in Oglethorpe county. There were old home places and such on the land and a small river thru it. Big virgin timber. Had a guy that hunted from the ground down there and he came in one morning and told us of seeing 3 Confederate soldiers make there way thru the bottom and across the narrow part of the river. He said they never spoke but made hand gestures as they moved silently thru the woods. Well move on to 2001 and yep had a completely different person tell the same story in the same area. I have been on that piece of property many times and it has an eerie feeling about it,but have never seen the soldiers myself.
Someone ought to holler and tell them fellas that the War is over.

Dang man that kinda spooked me and I'm sittin in the livin room

The stories were 30 years apart and those 2 fellers never knew each other but saw the same things. I carried my dog down there one time on a leash and when we hit the bottom he froze up and was headed back to the truck. A lot of Civil War history in that area near Union Point Ga. Spose to be the site of an old hospital there in Union Point and it is told you can here screams sometimes from the patients that were there, stories of minnie balls found with teeth marks from being bit down on when someone was having a limb amputated.

Back
Top Bottom