• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Camping scare stories.

Not anything to with me but a good story.. I can tell it now since everyone involved is dead
Back in the middle 80’s a whole family of elderly people (4 I think) was brutally murder with shotgun and pistols.. one was sitting in a rocker .. the rocker was was barley held to together by just a couple pieces of wood.. it was shot that much.. everyone that the authorizes thought had anything to do with it slowly started getting murdered off within a couple of weeks.. all except 1 and he died of something just last yr… he was the type you didn’t ever wanta cross or be caught on his property… goggle the MARS HILL MURDERS.. I’ve been over there recently and it’s still spooky

I was in a hunt club in the 70;s and we had a 90 acre track that was in Oglethorpe county. There were old home places and such on the land and a small river thru it. Big virgin timber. Had a guy that hunted from the ground down there and he came in one morning and told us of seeing 3 Confederate soldiers make there way thru the bottom and across the narrow part of the river. He said they never spoke but made hand gestures as they moved silently thru the woods. Well move on to 2001 and yep had a completely different person tell the same story in the same area. I have been on that piece of property many times and it has an eerie feeling about it,but have never seen the soldiers myself.

They are trying to show you where the Confederate gold is buried, y'all need to pay attention.

ok guys, so what sparked this thread is ive been listening to a bunch of these
over the last couple weeks. i bet i got 10 hrs in so far. these reports are cool and
kinda odd how people will report the same type of sightings.
do i believe all of them/ nope. but cant possible everybody be wrong or looking for
attention right? whats even more impressve is a lot of the stories are very much like what
we are reading here from the members in a lot of ways.

Lots of odd unnatural sounds or lights are pretty common. Alot of weirdness in all of the years i have been in the woods and swamps. Its usually the locals. One really sticks with. Me and my brother were deep in the Oconee National forest driving down a service rd. He was driving when some very dirty and probably drunk woman stumbled out of the woods and into the road. We are way back in the woods with no sign of people all day. He drove around her and kept going. To stop or not? Weren’t my decision, but I still wonder.

Not anything to with me but a good story.. I can tell it now since everyone involved is dead
Back in the middle 80’s a whole family of elderly people (4 I think) was brutally murder with shotgun and pistols.. one was sitting in a rocker .. the rocker was was barley held to together by just a couple pieces of wood.. it was shot that much.. everyone that the authorizes thought had anything to do with it slowly started getting murdered off within a couple of weeks.. all except 1 and he died of something just last yr… he was the type you didn’t ever wanta cross or be caught on his property… goggle the MARS HILL MURDERS.. I’ve been over there recently and it’s still spooky
There’s a whole lot of unanswered questions there. Almost seems like a cover-up for someone.

When I was a kid my family went camping a lot. I was 11 when we went to a camp site up in NJ, and for a treat dad took us to a drive-in movie. Unfortunately it was "Night of the Living Dead". EVERY time a branch brushed against the tent, all I could hear was "They're coming to get you..."

Never really forgave dad for it.

Back
Top Bottom