Automotive Question

I do think mine run better all clean, but I know it's a placebo effect!

The wax should shave a few hundredths of a second off at the strip, that and removing all of the extra weight from the mud in my floor mats!

Don't they wax the race cars in Nascar ?

You think it's for show or to allow wind to zoom over the body?

Don't they wax the race cars in Nascar ?

You think it's for show or to allow wind to zoom over the body?

You know I don't know, but it surely can't hurt it!

I do know that after 60mph wind resistance really is a factor, not sure how much on a large car but from racing karts we always waxed them, but so did everyone else...

With karts every little bit helped when you are running a 5hp stocker Briggs, terminal velocity was a real life occurrence...you couldn't get much faster than about 70-75 no matter the hearing or aerodynamics. It sure was fun while it lasted...that was some 20 years ago.

Last edited:
Since you are no expert and you are arguing with experts, what makes you an expert on premium fuel when we have presented you with facts?

You are feeling a placebo effect, in your mind you feel you are gaining something since you paid more...same with Seafoam, put it in a nice aluminum can with some fancy writing and people will pay $9.99 for it and think its a cure all.

I can honestly say that if I had two cars, both brand new same engines and I put premium in one and regular in the other and put bag over your head and stomped pedal to the floor you would not be able to tell the difference, this is provided that both cars are designed to run on regular fuel. The clock may tell a difference at a drag strip, but the lesser time would be in favor of the car running regular fuel.

When I used premium fuel I didn't have any expectation other than it was supposed to be better for an engine since it burned cleaner, yadda yadda yadda. Thats what I was told anyhow by various "experts". Al Gore had just invented the Internet so we didn't have forums yet where we could verify this stuff. ;)

I did not mistake it for rocket fuel so its not like I was expecting to be glued to my seat. Besides, back then it was a $.20 diff so for 9.5 gallons, you're talking less than $2 do you believe I was expecting a nitro boost for $2? It was to my surprise that the gas pedal felt more responsive, like it took a split second less to reach the same rpms. But hey, you're the expert. It could be the placebo effect like you said. I don't have a problem being wrong. Now I'm gonna want to test it out again.

Not being facetious, but what makes you or whoever I'm arguing with an expert? And a psychologist too? (Ok that last part was facetious).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom