• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question about Katzkin leather seats covers?

d2076

Default rank <1500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
15   0
Reaction score
I have a 21 Ram Bighorn; the only thing I would change is replacing the cloth seats with leather. I have an offer on the table that includes an upholsterer buying the Katzskin covers of my choice and installing them for $1800 in trade for firearms and ammo.

Have any of you used Katzskin covers and do you like them?

Is $1800 in trade a good deal?

Thanks for any advice or wisdom.

Dealership replaced our cloth with Katskin leather on our 2019 Sienna before delivery (4 captains chairs & a rear bench) for about the same price. Maybe 1500. But that was in 2019.

Definitely an upgrade from the cloth. I can’t compare it to factory leather.

Eta - actually I can compare it to factory leather I had in a 90s Dodge. I like the Katzskin better.

Just remembered that I had leather in a 2001 mustang as well. I guess the thing about Katzskin (or at least the stuff we have) is that it’s more textured than the factory leather. Feels a little stiffer maybe. But still a big upgrade over the fabric.

Had it in my 2018 Mustang, no issues, I think the dealer charged me $1200 at the time.

On the Mustang forums, most people are of the opinion it's better than factory leather. Plus you can customize it however you like, 2 tone, etc...

My only complaint is the white Katskinz tag on the side of the seat. Wish it was more subdued, it didn't take to black sharpie very well.

I have Katzkin in my F150, it's extremely nice. I had the upgrade of heated and air conditioned seats and it's so worth it. Very high quality leather. When I worked at the dealership, we had to put leather in a few to sell the car and the Katzkin is miles above the OEM leather.

As for price, I think $1200-$1800 is par for the course, just depends on the size of the car and options.

Back
Top Bottom