Automotive Question

All of that stuff is useless in a modern computer-controlled fuel injected auto. Gasoline already has detergents added to the fuel. Never used any of it and and always gotten great fuel mileage and well over 200,000 miles out of my vehicles.

Save that money for gun stuff.
octane booster and such are useless in a computer controlled system unless you buy and install a performance chip or computer .you are correct on that but fuel injection cleaners work on deposits and such i have found .

So I will physically feel the throttle response but its a placebo effect? Which is it?

You feel a throttle being more crisp because of the placebo effect sorry I should made that clear.You are not getting any gains nor the engine running better on 93.

Ok lets rock with your throttle response if your engine was really running this much better you would have better hp/tq numbers and a/f mixture would change.4

ON millions of real dynos not a persons feel of driving a car proves that high octane a engine will lose power and not run any better period.Engineers has proven this long time ago and still nothing has changed today.

You can have an opinion, but I know and seen the facts.

IF you want to learn and see the facts feel free to PM and we can take your car to the dyno my friend owns and you can run cheaper gas any brand you want and we will test it on dyno, then we will run your high octane with any fuel brand you want and you will see the difference.

If you see more power and better throttle response and performance on using such higher grade I WILL pay for the dyno time and give you 100 bucks....If my facts proves you wrong, I ask for the same favor, you pay for dyno and give me 100 bucks.

You game?

octane booster and such are useless in a computer controlled system unless you buy and install a performance chip or computer .you are correct on that but fuel injection cleaners work on deposits and such i have found .

I ran an octane booster in my supercharged tacoma that was supposed to raise octane by 3 points, filled it up with mid grade and ran...detonation like a mofo. Went back with premium fuel and it was fine...even if it did work it would have been cheaper to just fill up with premium.

No doubt about that.

It caught fire on me while riding in the mountains. D'oh!

I wore it out every chance I got and lived to tell about it.

The R1 has been on Road Atlanta, Roebling Road, Talladega, Atlanta Motor Speedway, Jennings Motorsports Park, and Barber Motorsports Park. Nothing more fun than open track days on a bike.

I don't know if additives are snake oil or not. I only have my own personal experiences to go off of. No scientific evidence.

I've read that ethanol is really bad for older engines and this weekend I went out and bought the ethanol-free variety for my bike and lawn mower.

Where did you get ethanol free fuel?

You feel a throttle being more crisp because of the placebo effect sorry I should made that clear.You are not getting any gains nor the engine running better on 93.

Ok lets rock with your throttle response if your engine was really running this much better you would have better hp/tq numbers and a/f mixture would change.4

ON millions of real dynos not a persons feel of driving a car proves that high octane a engine will lose power and not run any better period.Engineers has proven this long time ago and still nothing has changed today.

You can have an opinion, but I know and seen the facts.

IF you want to learn and see the facts feel free to PM and we can take your car to the dyno my friend owns and you can run cheaper gas any brand you want and we will test it on dyno, then we will run your high octane with any fuel brand you want and you will see the difference.

If you see more power and better throttle response and performance on using such higher grade I WILL pay for the dyno time and give you 100 bucks....If my facts proves you wrong, I ask for the same favor, you pay for dyno and give me 100 bucks.

You game?

Sounds fair to me...wonder if he will take you up on your offer?

Maybe he will put his money where his mouth is.

Show me some real dyno charts...not some rice burner website with hopped Honda civics.

It's not possible dude, premium fuel burns slower...

I mention a honda civic and you jump to rice burner web sites? I'm obviously no expert like yourself, but I love cars and I have owned a lot of cars. I'm not saying 93 octane turns your car into a Porsche, but I can feel a difference in the gas pedal. Why the hell would I want to psyche myself into something like this for the hell of it? You must think I'm some asshole schmuck simpleton. I'm not a racer nor a ricer. I just drove the gd car. lol. Get over your dyno charts dude.

Back
Top Bottom