Automotive Question

According to this site http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html here are the top tier gas retailers:

76 Stations
Aloha Petroleum
Chevron
Conoco
CountryMark
Entec Stations
Exxon
Hawaii Fueling Network (HFN)
Holiday Stationstores, Inc.
Kwik Trip / Kwik Star
MFA Oil Co.
Mileage Stations
Mobil
Ohana Fuels
Phillips 66
Quik Trip
Rebel Oil
Road Ranger
Severson Oil
Shell
Texaco
Tri-Par Oil Co.
U.S. Oil

I've been filling up at Kroger 90% of the time :(
no bp on that list? wow

I run the cheapest **** I can buy in all my engines, but I maintain my stuff and take care of it. Zero fuel related problems, carbs or fuel injected.

I have a generator that has had fuel with ethanol sitting in it for over a year with no additives and it cranks on first pull. I do run float bowl dry after using.

You will not tell a difference but take them apart and you will see the difference

- - - Updated - - -

I buy it by the drum.

[Broken External Image]:

where do you buy Q16 and price?

vehicles gain more performance on lower octane, most cars and trucks are tuned for 87 grade.

Running a half a tank will benefit but long term will not and cost more for you.The problem in the fuel is the darn corn

I'll take your word for it but I've never driven a car that doesn't drive better with 93 octane.

You will not tell a difference but take them apart and you will see the difference

- - - Updated - - -

where do you buy Q16 and price?

And I'm an ASE Certified mechanic...so I've been inside plenty of engines, have a Chevy 4.3 apart right now installing a new crank and bearings.

But since I drive a Toyotas, I will have no need to take one apart to see what it looks like inside. By the time I reach a point of having to take apart one of my Yota engines I will be ready for a new truck.

Honestly, of your engine is not designed for premium you will actually get less performance from premium fuel...premium fuel is designed to ignite at higher temps to prevent detonation.

You are wasting your money using premium in cars and mowers not designed for it. Fact.

You are also likely to get older fuel when buying premium since it costs more and sits in tank longer.

All the cars I've owned in the last 10 years or so recommend premium fuel (91 or 94?) to prevent engine knock (pre-ignition like you stated). The only car I've used premium in that wasn't "designed" for premium was a Honda Civic coupe. It drove way better with primo but I ran mid-grade most of its life because people used to tell me the same about using higher octane than it was designed for. Every once in a while I used the highest octane though and really got on that clutch!

BTW, ECHO requires 89 or better in their lawn equipment and suggests premium fuel for engine longevity.

Last edited:
I'll take your word for it but I've never driven a car that doesn't drive better with 93 octane.

What you feel is the placebo effect. (Look it up)

It's a fact, and I'm not the only one who said it here...feel free to look it up yourself. That's the cool thing about google.

It's a proven fact

I have had tons of race cars and bikes in my time and dyno all them with all types of fuel and 93 octane all vehicles lost power, 87 always gain the most power.

The cars that needs 93 octane are those high compression and advance timing vehicles

My race car runs on 116 octane because of high compression, and my other semi race car runs on 93 octane but faster with 87

Don't just take my word look into all the proven facts all over the net, or just take a drive to your local dyno and for around 25-50 bucks and play with fuel grades and you will see.

You will feel a throttle response or (placebo effect)but not more horse power nor any other gains using it.You will lose power using 93.

If you put a tuner on your car and advance timing you would have to use 93 just because of detonation issues not horse power reasons

All the cars I've owned in the last 10 years or so recommend premium fuel (91 or 94?) to prevent engine knock (pre-ignition like you stated). The only car I've used premium in that wasn't "designed" for premium was a Honda Civic coupe. It drove way better with primo but I ran mid-grade most of its life because people used to tell me the same about using higher octane than it was designed for. Every once in a while I used the highest octane though and really got on that clutch!

BTW, ECHO requires 89 or better in their lawn equipment and suggests premium fuel for engine longevity.

It is not physically possible for you to obtain more power from premium in an engine not designed for it...fact

What you feel is the placebo effect. (Look it up)

It's a fact, and I'm not the only one who said it here...feel free to look it up yourself. That's the cool thing about google.

lol. I know what the placebo effect is. No offense but thats bull****. I'm sure I can find plenty of folks to back up your claim just like I can mine.

Back
Top Bottom