Automotive Question

ClassicBlue

Default rank <5000 posts
Friends don’t let friends buy cheap guns!
431   0
Reaction score
Are gas additive fuel injector cleaners actually worth a dang? Just got back from Advance Auto and kinda gave it some consideration until I noticed they run anywhere from .99 for STP to 9.99 for Sea Foam. Anyone use these? Are they a worth it or just a marketing ploy and a waste of money?

I make sure to buy top tier gas (Shell, Chevron, QT, ect...) other than that, I don't mess with additives.

All of that stuff is useless in a modern computer-controlled fuel injected auto. Gasoline already has detergents added to the fuel. Never used any of it and and always gotten great fuel mileage and well over 200,000 miles out of my vehicles.

Save that money for gun stuff.

Most of the cheaper ones are snake oil. Just google the MSDS for whichever your considering and see for yourself. The higher end/dealer stuff is mostly XYLENE with a few other minor chemicals.

...and there's already a decent amount of xylene in gasoline. Most modern gasolines contain detergents and engine cleaners. Unless you're just buying crappy gas, you shouldn't need anything else.

Back
Top Bottom