Automotive Question

Don't start twisting my argument gentlemen. I said the throttle response is much better. I have said nothing about hp or engine mechanics.

lol. I know what the placebo effect is. No offense but thats bull****. I'm sure I can find plenty of folks to back up your claim just like I can mine.

Show me some real dyno charts...not some rice burner website with hopped Honda civics.

It's not possible dude, premium fuel burns slower...

It's a proven fact

I have had tons of race cars and bikes in my time and dyno all them with all types of fuel and 93 octane all vehicles lost power, 87 always gain the most power.

The cars that needs 93 octane are those high compression and advance timing vehicles

My race car runs on 116 octane because of high compression, and my other semi race car runs on 93 octane but faster with 87

Don't just take my word look into all the proven facts all over the net, or just take a drive to your local dyno and for around 25-50 bucks and play with fuel grades and you will see.

You will feel a throttle response or (placebo effect)but not more horse power nor any other gains using it.You will lose power using 93.

If you put a tuner on your car and advance timing you would have to use 93 just because of detonation issues not horse power reasons

So I will physically feel the throttle response but its a placebo effect? Which is it?

Maybe your other bike was worn out.

No doubt about that.

It caught fire on me while riding in the mountains. D'oh!

I wore it out every chance I got and lived to tell about it.

The R1 has been on Road Atlanta, Roebling Road, Talladega, Atlanta Motor Speedway, Jennings Motorsports Park, and Barber Motorsports Park. Nothing more fun than open track days on a bike.

I don't know if additives are snake oil or not. I only have my own personal experiences to go off of. No scientific evidence.

I've read that ethanol is really bad for older engines and this weekend I went out and bought the ethanol-free variety for my bike and lawn mower.

No doubt about that.

It caught fire on me while riding in the mountains. D'oh!

I wore it out every chance I got and lived to tell about it.

The R1 has been on Road Atlanta, Roebling Road, Talladega, Atlanta Motor Speedway, Jennings Motorsports Park, and Barber Motorsports Park. Nothing more fun than open track days on a bike.

I don't know if additives are snake oil or not. I only have my own personal experiences to go off of. No scientific evidence.

I've read that ethanol is really bad for older engines and this weekend I went out and bought the ethanol-free variety for my bike and lawn mower.

I've raced karts on talladega Grand Prix track...

Back
Top Bottom