• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Automotive Question

Normal operation in a gasoline engine can and does eventually lead to enough deposits ON injectors to cause flow problems. Notice I said ON not IN. If you have any doubt of this pull your throttle body of and look at the back side of the throttle plate. Internally clogged/obstructed injectors are less common with gas than diesel.

Want to fix those deposits? Block the EGR valve.

Normal operation in a gasoline engine can and does eventually lead to enough deposits ON injectors to cause flow problems. Notice I said ON not IN. If you have any doubt of this pull your throttle body of and look at the back side of the throttle plate. Internally clogged/obstructed injectors are less common with gas than diesel.

I have seen and worked on tons of cars with over 400k miles and never once has a issue caused an injector to stop up to the point of lack of fuel.

I am stating on normal circumstances not someone with rusted gas tanks, and never maintenance filters or their lovers pouring things into the gas tanks.

Gotta go have fun people, watching movie now

- - - Updated - - -

Want to fix those deposits? Block the EGR valve.

BAM another reason why I WOULD never own a diesel after 06

Wow so much but hurt. Fact lower grade gas= better performance in most modern engines. Fact any vehicle that calls for high octane has a base timing that is high. Fuel octane boosters are horse ****. Fuel injection is not going to prevent carbon deposits from forming in any engine regardless of what fuel you use. Simply put go buy high test gas and 87 put it in a glass bowl that's white. Light it and let it burn out. I bet the 87 burns cleaner and there is less left when it burns out. The high test gas burns slower and less completely. If you use fuel injection cleaner in the gas tank it's far less effective. It's designed to be ran through the intake before the throttle body
I have been in the automotive industry for going on 13 years. I've seen a lot of stupid ****. Seafoam works bg 44k works. Most of the rest of the stuff is bs

Lucas is good stuff especially with this junk methanol fuel. It cleans a.d lubricates. I actually use it in my cars and boat. Actually get about 30-40 more miles go a tank when used.

so now being ase certified is the equivalent of a phd in med?

Did I say that? Not sure there really is anything other than more school which a mechanic could take and it won't even come close to the 8 years of a doctor, but I wouldn't want a doctor working on my BMW. I have also been certified in other automotive aspects with more schooling.

I have seen and worked on tons of cars with over 400k miles and never once has a issue caused an injector to stop up to the point of lack of fuel.

I am stating on normal circumstances not someone with rusted gas tanks, and never maintenance filters or their lovers pouring things into the gas tanks.

Gotta go have fun people, watching movie now

- - - Updated - - -

BAM another reason why I WOULD never own a diesel after 06

Yeah, an EGR on a diesel is a stupid idea, even worse than one on a gasser.

And to add, who gives two flying turds if the injector cup has a coating of black carbon? Not me, and it sure ain't hurting engine performance and drivability.

Back
Top Bottom