• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Automotive Question

When I used premium fuel I didn't have any expectation other than it was better for an engine since it burned cleaner, yadda yadda yadda. I did not mistake it for rocket fuel so its not like I was expecting to be glued to my seat. besides, back the. It was a $.20 diff so for 9.5 gallons, you're talking less than $2. do you believe I was expecting a nitro boost for $2. It was to my surprise that the gas pedal felt more responsive, like it took a split second less to reach the same rpms. But hey, you're the expert. It could be the placebo effect like you said. I don't have a problem being wrong. Now I'm gonna want to test it out again.

Not being facetious, but what makes you or whoever I'm arguing with an expert? And a psychologist too? (Ok that last part was facetious).

Are you a mechanic or a race engine tuner? Are you ASE certified?

I can stitch up a cut in my arm with thread and a needle, but I'm not a doctor. I cannot diagnose cancer either...

Could you explain this??

Do you know most cars has in tank fuel filter (strainer) and filter on the injector itself and fuel filter on body

I have never seen a dirty clogged injector but a small handful of times and most of these was where someone poured sugar in gas tank, and other chemicals.Or rusted gas tanks

never was caused from dirty fuels and NO chemicals fixed nor cleaned these issues

Two minor flaws here,
1) Sugar doesn't dissolve in gasoline, try it sometime.
2) Injectors can and do "clog" or become obstructed.

Are you a mechanic or a race engine tuner? Are you ASE certified?

I can stitch up a cut in my arm with thread and a needle, but I'm not a doctor. I cannot diagnose cancer either...

My argument is based on my perception, experience, or fantasy - whichever you'd like to call it.

BTW, being a mechanic or ASE certified in no way means you are an "expert" in the very specific topic at hand. An engine tuner, perhaps, but I have met plenty of ASE certified idiots, like the ones at my dealer.

Two minor flaws here,
1) Sugar doesn't dissolve in gasoline, try it sometime.
2) Injectors can and do "clog" or become obstructed.

sugar stops flow
I never said the do not, I stated that normal use of fuel isn't going to stop them up to many filters on these fuel injected engines and on injector itself.The screen gets clogged not injector.

Most times you can take them off and hit them on the floor and install and good to go...You will have more problems with diesel injectors then gas all day long.

Do understand that not using premium fuels in high compression engines does reduce power output and can cause detonation or pinging and engine knock, higher octane fuel does not burn any more clean.

Higher octane fuel burns slower, burning better and more completely at higher cylinder pressures.

My argument is based on my perception, experience, or fantasy - whichever you'd like to call it.

BTW, being a mechanic or ASE certified in no way means you are an "expert" in the very specific topic at hand. An engine tuner, perhaps, but I have met plenty of ASE certified idiots, like the ones at my dealer.

I have met and worked with some of the smartest shade tree mechanics in my time.ASE is just another way to add more money to my paycheck just like if you spoke more then one language.ASE doesn't mean much to me but my paycheck does.

Normal operation in a gasoline engine can and does eventually lead to enough deposits ON injectors to cause flow problems. Notice I said ON not IN. If you have any doubt of this pull your throttle body of and look at the back side of the throttle plate. Internally clogged/obstructed injectors are less common with gas than diesel.

Back
Top Bottom