Automotive Question

Yeah, an EGR on a diesel is a stupid idea, even worse than one on a gasser.

I agree. I bet few of you have heard of homogeneous compression combustion engines. Gm is doing r/d in the UK on a 2.2l opal it's putting out over 300hp and gets 45mi per gallon. The only reason it will never work in the Us of a is the nox emissions is to high. If you have not heard of this check it out it'd pretty cool. After the engine temp gets over 190 degrees the spark plugs shut off and it's all compression combustion but it uses of wait get this 87 octane lol

Last edited:
I agree. I bet few of you have heard of homogeneous compression combustion engines. Gm is doing r/d in the UK on a 2.2l opal it's putting out over 300hp and gets 45mi per gallon. The only reason it will never work in the Us of a is the nox emissions is to high. If you have not heard of this check it out it'd pretty cool. After the engine temp gets over 190 degrees the spark plugs shut off and it's all compression combustion but it uses of wait get this 87 octane lol

I'm going to look this one up, sounds interesting.

Wow so much but hurt. Fact lower grade gas= better performance in most modern engines. Fact any vehicle that calls for high octane has a base timing that is high. Fuel octane boosters are horse ****. Fuel injection is not going to prevent carbon deposits from forming in any engine regardless of what fuel you use. Simply put go buy high test gas and 87 put it in a glass bowl that's white. Light it and let it burn out. I bet the 87 burns cleaner and there is less left when it burns out. The high test gas burns slower and less completely. If you use fuel injection cleaner in the gas tank it's far less effective. It's designed to be ran through the intake before the throttle body
I have been in the automotive industry for going on 13 years. I've seen a lot of stupid ****. Seafoam works bg 44k works. Most of the rest of the stuff is bs

This...exactly.

What's the compression ratio?

High if memory serves me correctly it's some where around 13/1 but the fuel mixture is atomized this creates a more complete combustion of the fuel. That's why the fuel pressure is in excess of 10,000psi
I'm looking for the literature they provided in the class. I've been sitting here thinking about it and I think they where using a variable compression ratio system. They achieve this with cam timing. The whole design is very complex. There is so much new tech in this engine design an average tech even at the dealer wouldn't be able to work on the Damn thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom