Eggs.jpg
Eggs done and waiting 2 dozen
Eggs2.jpg
Cooking the brew outside on the Blackstone
Eggs1.jpg
Come together and in the fridge...
Eggs3.jpg

Time will tell

Thanks I have been lightly shaking them every day to distribute the spice..But with two cups of White Vinegar why would it need refrigeration?
I've been giving all mine a daily shake as well.
I remember back in the day that the old country stores always had the big jars of eggs and pickles just sitting on the counter....no refrigeration there.

Ok, it's been a couple of weeks...time for a taste test. Left to right, the beet, the alligator egg and the Penrose copycat recipes.
Really good color and taste penetration especially considering they've only been marinating a couple of weeks.
I had another jar that I had gotten the recipe for online but some fat ass finished them off before the taste test.
First off they where all very good and thanks to everyone for contributing.
They all had very different tastes so it was a good comparison.
The beet recipe turned out well but a little sweet for me. The next batch I'll cut back on the sugar a bit but overall quite good.
The alligator eggs had loads of flavor and a little bit of bite from the 🌶 sauces. Very good and would highly recommend.
The Penrose copycat is going from memory pretty comparable to the original and better than any of the store bought ones I've found lately.
I don't believe you could go wrong with any of these.
I'm excited to try some more recipes soon.
20230621_110407.jpg
20230621_111034.jpg

Back
Top Bottom