• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why giveaway boxes don't work

i'd just give up the idea. nothing you can do and they know it. if you accuse they'll deny etc. and its not a gift box if you have to put more in than you take. just buy your own stuff.
True enough, it's just sad that some members here go out of their way to get the box even though they know they have nothing to contribute.

It should not be looked at as putting in more than you take, but rather, a situation where you are surprised with some "treasure" and replace it with "treasure" for the next member.

Granted, the box may not have something you particularly seek, but that doesn't mean you clean it out and hand-off a worthless tote-o-**** to the next guy.

Hell, who knows, maybe this whole concept is just too mature for some to comprehend (as seen in recent results)

Mark the items you put in the box. I for one am confortable with that. In the case of reload ammo the person may have questions. I do think the locks should be discarded. I included 10 gauge , 38, and 40 ammo as well as a number of other items.

i'd just give up the idea. nothing you can do and they know it. if you accuse they'll deny etc. and its not a gift box if you have to put more in than you take. just buy your own stuff.
Screw that. "To catch a predator: ODT traveling box edition" is happening. Someone will jump out of the bushes with a bright light and a camera and make them answer for being a leech.

not every ad but quite a few at least all the ones that ask msrp or higher on a bnib never been shot. i think it would be neat bc we all would know what the pic means!

we open it up see the pic and then just die laughing no matter who posted it

not every ad but quite a few at least all the ones that ask msrp or higher on a bnib never been shot. i think it would be neat bc we all would know what the pic means!

we open it up see the pic and then just die laughing no matter who posted it
But that may chase away the sellers trying to earn their Jr. FFL Badge.

oh-my-takei.gif

I'm also fairly certain that someone once said "If you accept the box, take all of the good **** out of it & then take a **** in it, you are a ****ing low life piece of **** scum bag and if we can ever confirm your username, we will **** on you endlessly" .... I'm just paraphrasing of course

Like the cut of your jib son. ;)

How about we just start a group. Limit the members and list what we have to give. All requests will be made public to the group and all shipping will be at givers expense. Anyone who ****s the group get's booted out.

Could that work?

Back
Top Bottom