• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When listing an AR on ODT, why would you list it as a M16?

One could argue, with merit, that a select-fire copy of the M16 / M16A1 /

AR with tax stamp = legal full auto

That ain't what I said.

You are arguing with 3 FFL holders as to what firearms models are legally labeled and called. As in, when the ATF audits our paperwork, what HAS to be on our paperwork. SMGDMFH

What-Difference-Does-it-Make.jpg
This.

While we're at it, let's fire up the ol' "it's a magazine not a clip" boomer meltdown.

One can argue, with merit, that the "M16" in Post #1 is still just an "M16 clone".....albeit, a much cooler, more expensive, and more accurate clone than most.

Part of the definition of the M16 / M16A1 / M16A2 / M16A4 is that they are a service rifle. The definition of a service rifle is, "The service rifle (also known as standard-issue rifle) of a given army or armed force is that which it issues as standard to its soldiers."

The M16 in Post #1, as cool as it is, was never issued as a complete arm to a military, therefore is not a service rifle, and therefore is not a true "M16".

I worked for a pawn shop where the owner corrected everyone every time they called a magazine a clip. It seemed very exhausting :lol:

I'm a huge fan of clear communication. If a customer walks into the shop, and says, "Y'all got 30rd clips for my AR?", I know exactly what he's looking for.

Back
Top Bottom