• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would you sell a gun to someone that wouldn’t fire but 20% of the time? Without disclosing this fact?

So you sell a gun, buyer takes it home. First five rounds, only one bang. Your response?

• Tuff ****, caveat emptor.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Man I’m sorry, what do you want to do?

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Get it fixed and send me the bill…

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Tacos…

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, it was shot 50 times after the “build” and ran perfectly the sailor said. Maybe it just needed cleaning after those 50 rds the sailor suggested?
are you certain the magazine is not the problem? I personally would not "sail" anything to anyone knowing it was a pos. I'd just chalk it up to my bad luck. MY word is more important to me than a few dollars.

I sold a guy a rifle once that I had never fired, which I told the buyer. He had trouble getting it to group later. I offered to buy it back. He didn’t want to, which was a smart move because the value is now 3x if he kept it.

As a seller, if I knew there was nothing wrong with the firearm when I sold it, I would be confused. As a buyer, I would probably be very suspicious especially among the “build” crowd. Quite a pickle. Hopefully you can work out some resolution with the seller.

In......
For information on a warranty claim for a used firearm purchased from a private seller.......

A lot of manufacturers warranty second hand items… Sig replaced a HEAVILY used optic for me at no charge and Glock always tuned my used Glocks w/o any questions… similar experiences with Springfield and Smith & Wesson.

Now a used home built AR, NO DICE! On your own all day long but it can’t be much to get one running (BCG, barrel, gas block, ammo, mag, maybe even a new LPK…

I’ve sold a couple with issues…at a deep discount and with full explanation of the problems to buyers. No negs or angry calls, so I guess they were happy.
I also once bought a pistol off a table at a gun show that wouldn’t fire when I got it to the range. On site gunsmith fixed it (for free) in about a minute.

I wouldn't sell a gun without disclosing what I know about it. But if it worked while I had it and it suddenly doesn't for you then tuff shyt.

are you certain the magazine is not the problem? I personally would not "sail" anything to anyone knowing it was a pos. I'd just chalk it up to my bad luck. MY word is more important to me than a few dollars.
It’s not the magazine, it feeds fine. When it fires…20% of the time lol.
It’s a hammer spring issue most likely.
I just wish I knew about the issue before I took it home.
I have never given in a negative…that I recall anyway.
This made me consider one…

I test fire every weapon I have, and test fire it again before I sell it, if it's not working, I fix it or not sell it, if you get it and it's not working it's because you broke it :eyebrows:
Well, unless loading a magazine with Remington factory 9mm JHP’s can “break” a Browning HP then no, I didn’t break it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom