• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would you sell a gun to someone that wouldn’t fire but 20% of the time? Without disclosing this fact?

So you sell a gun, buyer takes it home. First five rounds, only one bang. Your response?

• Tuff ****, caveat emptor.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Man I’m sorry, what do you want to do?

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Get it fixed and send me the bill…

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Tacos…

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll just put this here, there are quite a few dirty rotten scumbags on this site. But there is also a majority of really awesome folks. With this said there is only a very limited number of traders I would buy a home built rifle from, I can only think of 2 right now.

But if the seller is whom we all think it to be, he will offer you no resolve. He is a soft and moist handed limp dicked punk ass wanna be man. A coward of great proportions!!

Oh no, it was shot 50 times after the “build” and ran perfectly the sailor said. Maybe it just needed cleaning after those 50 rds the sailor suggested?
The word "Build" would have scared me off before the purchase. Too many people "Building" who are not trained Gun Smiths. now, if it's a reputable custom build, I know they can be finicky at times. Some platforms more so than others.

so what was it? i looked thru and you never said.. i sold a very very high end AR a while back. i had put 100's of rounds thru it with no problems.... the got it and said it would not cycle.. so i looked at it for him. and sure enough it would not cycle. turned out to be a high quality BCG failed.... so i fixed it for him, runs great now....
but everything is never 100% but if the guy was a butt about it. be a turd back....

so what was it? i looked thru and you never said.. i sold a very very high end AR a while back. i had put 100's of rounds thru it with no problems.... the got it and said it would not cycle.. so i looked at it for him. and sure enough it would not cycle. turned out to be a high quality BCG failed.... so i fixed it for him, runs great now....
but everything is never 100% but if the guy was a butt about it. be a turd back....
That sounds like my situation. The guy was super cool and felt bad for bothering me.

If he was a jerk or went to wrenching on the rifle, it may have gone differently.

The word "Build" would have scared me off before the purchase. Too many people "Building" who are not trained Gun Smiths. now, if it's a reputable custom build, I know they can be finicky at times. Some platforms more so than others.
Yep. You nailed it. My mistake was assuming someone knew what they doing…or at least wouldn’t sell the gun if it was not in current working order.

I had to fix one that I bought. I was new and it was a homebuild with really nice parts. I didn’t know better than to stay away from thrown together rifles. Needed a whole new trigger assembly, new handguard (cracking I didn’t see), and adjustments to buffer assembly due to improper assembly. Original owner said it ran 100 rounds flawlessly and then was cleaned and stored. I couldn’t get more than 3 rounds to cycle without a failure. I reached out to him about it. He acknowledged the trigger issue annd told me he’d send new parts. Then he ghosted and I never heard anything for a week. I NEG’d him and it stuck. He contacted me about 30min after the NEG went through if you can believe it lol He talked trash and made up more lies. Ain’t anything more worthless than a thief and a liar.

m1.gif

If I knew it had an issue I would say that in my ad and adjust the price accordingly. If it was working fine when I had it then a month later sailor contacts me and says it wont shoot, I'd have some questions about what they've done with it.

Going through something similar now with a nice watch I sold on Fleabay(I know, but it's got a broader audience and sells quicker). Watch was recently serviced before I sold it and worked great. Nowadays eBay makes you send nicer watches to an Authenticator first to verify it's authenticity, and that everything works. It passed and went on to the buyer. The buyer contacted me this week, after nearly 4 months of ownership, to tell me the crown won't unscrew when they tried to change the time after this weekend. Told them not my problem, they must have done something to it and they can take it in for service....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom