• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you warranty or allow returns on items you sell?

Do you warranty a gun you sell?

• Yes. Give me a taco

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • No, I want a Taco anyway!

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • Depending on the taco

Votes: 17 40.5%

• Total voters
I did a trade about 2 years ago involving two AR pistols and one was a side charger. The other guy was close to Atlanta and I did the driving on that one. I got a nice clean SKS and a gen 5 G17?
Well... it wasn't even dark before I got the call about the side charger not working. So he wanted the G17 back. Okay.... So I told him I would do that BUT he would drive all the way to Perry to do the return. He did and we met at the Sports Center here in Perry.
The NEXT day I drove down to my Mom's house in Dooly Co and tested the side charger out. Got my daughter to video it for me. It ran through half a dozen rounds with no issues. And that's as many rounds as I wanted to dedicate to testing during Covid prices. So I sent the video to the other guy and he acted all shocked and amazed that it worked.
I know what happened. I heard his wife busting balls in the background when he called me. But I still have perfect feedback so I GUESS it was worth it.

Yeah, I really don't want to sell something that somebody doesn't want the item, this is ODT you can sell it to someone else, its like when you miss a good deal on ODT, you tell yourself, I will get the next one.
It's like women and busses. If you miss one just wait on the next one.

I would have a difficult time with a 'warranty' issue, I wouldn't sell a weapon that I hadn't gone through and fired myself...I wouldn't sell it if it was faulty. It would definitely be a hard 'no' for me on a ' I'm in deep water with my wife' call, we're adults, if you can't act like one then maybe you can learn like one!

I would have a difficult time with a 'warranty' issue, I wouldn't sell a weapon that I hadn't gone through and fired myself...I wouldn't sell it if it was faulty. It would definitely be a hard 'no' for me on a ' I'm in deep water with my wife' call, we're adults, if you can't act like one then maybe you can learn like one!
In the car bidness we used to ask most guys that came in "Did you bring your decision maker today?"
Unfortunately most of them didn't.

If you want a warranty - then you need to buy a new gun. I’m fine with someone walking away from the initial deal if whatever I have doesn’t meet my description (hasn’t happened). But I’m not warranting anything once the deal is done and someone has possession of the item.

If you want a warranty - then you need to buy a new gun. I’m fine with someone walking away from the initial deal if whatever I have doesn’t meet my description (hasn’t happened). But I’m not warranting anything once the deal is done and someone has possession of the item.

Had one person, 1 time say it didn't look as good in person. Then pointed out some spots on the top of the slide.

I wiped the oil spots off with my finger and they went, O. And the deal was done.

Back
Top Bottom