• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What happened to the work force?

Wait till the end of September when CARES expires.....people will get off Biden's teat when it dries up and not before.
Can't come soon enough. I'm tired of wasting my gas sitting in drive throughs because "fast" food restaurants don't have enough workers to be open for walk in orders. Was tired of this a year ago. I wish they would close the drive throughs to keep walk ins open instead.

Wait till the end of September when CARES expires.....people will get off Biden's teat when it dries up and not before.

Whats to say they don't get some ongoing stimmy money till they get on their feet.

Like, maybe, 1500 or 2000 / month "basic income" till they can find a job(fat chance).

These are professional voters, after-all.

Whats to say they don't get some ongoing stimmy money till they get on their feet.

Like, maybe, 1500 or 2000 / month "basic income" till they can find a job(fat chance).

These are professional voters, after-all.

The sad fact is that when they succeed in
I commute to Marietta everyday, my company works all over the southeast, I can't find any good help in Atlanta or anywhere in Florida.
Any members have experience doing low voltage work?
I could have done that kind of work once easily...but I'm much too old and decrepit for it now. The know-how is there but this 72 year old wasted body isn't up to the task.... good luck with your search...

So a few things and this isn’t just labor type jobs being impacted. Also office jobs are seeing the same things. The real issue isn’t a lib vs con thing. #1 neither side is 100% right all the time. Always keep that in mind. The left is right sometimes too. That being said, the left is correct on this one (and I generally loath the left).

1. Folks are just fed up with the way things are/were. If I can pay my bills and have a little extra, why kill myself at a job more than I have to?
2. Folks realizing there is more to life than their careers and wanting more from life than the work until I drop. Could be all the social media showing people doing amazing things and traveling all the time, living interesting places, etc. there’s a big paradigm shift that’s taken place.
3. Can’t hire folks? Well, it’s likely that wage you think is good, really isn’t. You pay enough, people will apply like crazy. Supply/demand here.
4. Based on #3, conversely if you haven’t given a big raise or done something to retain your current employees, then you are about to be in for a shock when they leave. Don’t think they don’t know about the new guy making more than them because you had to up the starting salary to hire? Well, buckle up. You better be taking care of your star players or you won’t have them too much longer.
5. The unemployment benefits have been so high for so long, people are happy sitting at home getting $15/hr to do nothing. Why would I work for min wage? Also, why would I work for you paying me 12, 15, 20 or even 25/hr when I can sit at home. This one will sort itself out sooner than later.
6. Wages haven’t kept up or haven’t moved much in decades. Yet prices have gone up tremendously. Company profits have been at all time highs. Companies have crapped on their workers for far too long and made everyone do 2, 3, 4 x the work with little to no raises and no relief in sight. Yeah people are sick of that, which brings you back to points 1 and 2.

Bottom line - folks are sick of things. I predict a massive world war, civil wars and revolutions to happen all over the world soon. These always preceded historical events like what we just went through.

I think when the benefits run out, the dems will crank up the drum beaters to blame Trump. A riot or two along with a couple of mass shootings will help in their goal to further squash our freedoms and add more idiots to their ranks. Just in time for mid-term elections.

So a few things and this isn’t just labor type jobs being impacted. Also office jobs are seeing the same things. The real issue isn’t a lib vs con thing. #1 neither side is 100% right all the time. Always keep that in mind. The left is right sometimes too. That being said, the left is correct on this one (and I generally loath the left).

1. Folks are just fed up with the way things are/were. If I can pay my bills and have a little extra, why kill myself at a job more than I have to?
2. Folks realizing there is more to life than their careers and wanting more from life than the work until I drop. Could be all the social media showing people doing amazing things and traveling all the time, living interesting places, etc. there’s a big paradigm shift that’s taken place.
3. Can’t hire folks? Well, it’s likely that wage you think is good, really isn’t. You pay enough, people will apply like crazy. Supply/demand here.
4. Based on #3, conversely if you haven’t given a big raise or done something to retain your current employees, then you are about to be in for a shock when they leave. Don’t think they don’t know about the new guy making more than them because you had to up the starting salary to hire? Well, buckle up. You better be taking care of your star players or you won’t have them too much longer.
5. The unemployment benefits have been so high for so long, people are happy sitting at home getting $15/hr to do nothing. Why would I work for min wage? Also, why would I work for you paying me 12, 15, 20 or even 25/hr when I can sit at home. This one will sort itself out sooner than later.
6. Wages haven’t kept up or haven’t moved much in decades. Yet prices have gone up tremendously. Company profits have been at all time highs. They shatter their workers for far too long and made everyone do 2, 3, 4 x the work. Yeah people are sick of that, which brings you back to points 1 and 2.

Bottom line - folks are sick of things. I predict a massive world war, civil wars and revolutions to happen all over the world soon. These always preceded historical events like what we just went through.

Pretty much true. I see a lot of posts here about "I can't find employees". Never do I read about wages offered. Offer $75 an hour plus bennies and you will have to hire guards to control the crowds applying for the jobs.

Back
Top Bottom