• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What happened to the work force?

I've noticed less traffic on the roads in the am..and we can't find any help...from laborers to cdl drivers....everywhere I look...you see sign on bonuses offered at places like McDonald's...which we are offering them now just to try and get some movement...wth happened to our country?

They are all sitting at home on the sofa making it rain. You know...dollar bills from the gubment.

Another interesting trend is a surge of early retirements - people are looking at their savings and 401ks with market and record levels and deciding to leave the work force - that won't hit fast food but will impact large manufacturing facilities where many of the workers are 55+.

I've been trying to hire people for 6 months and haven't had much luck at all, skilled trade work that pays in 20s per hour. People are just content with all the handouts
My wife works at the Deli at Publix in Canton. They cannot hire anyone because NO ONE is applying for the jobs. She's 69 and they're always trying to up her hours to cover the shortage of manpower..... I finally convinced her to try for some job here up in Jasper not so far away so she doesn't put so many miles on her 20 YO car and has more time/money for the grand daughters (why she's really working).

My wife works at the Deli at Publix in Canton. They cannot hire anyone because NO ONE is applying for the jobs. She's 69 and they're always trying to up her hours to cover the shortage of manpower..... I finally convinced her to try for some job here up in Jasper not so far away so she doesn't put so many miles on her 20 YO car and has more time/money for the grand daughters (why she's really working).
I commute to Marietta everyday, my company works all over the southeast, I can't find any good help in Atlanta or anywhere in Florida.
Any members have experience doing low voltage work?

Back
Top Bottom