• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Want To Trade (WTT) as a separate section

I was thinking it would be nice to have this separate out of Sale Only in Handguns and Rifles.

Why?

Let's say I have a handgun I want to trade and I post it in Handguns as a for trade but maybe I'm wanting to trade for a rifle. The only exposure it will get is other members looking at the handgun section.

By putting the WTT as its own section like WTB, you'll have others willing to trade but they will be looking at an entire sub forum of listings wanting to trade only.

Could this be a thing? I'm just an effin' new guy so I may be in the minority here.

giphy.gif

Rather than a section, how bout a filter?
Like you can view 1911 pistols.
But it would have to be at the all-firearms level (or all items).

Personally, I'd like to see the zip code / distance filter at the higher levels.

Rather than a section, how bout a filter?
Like you can view 1911 pistols.
But it would have to be at the all-firearms level (or all items).

Personally, I'd like to see the zip code / distance filter at the higher levels.

Already exists. Just go to "search". Type in "WTT" and choose the forum you wish to search. You can narrow it down some by choosing handgun, rifle or shotgun forums vs all firearms.

Why not just make it to where you can have that as a filter. A sub section opens the door to the same which is going to double all of the sections

I was thinking it would be nice to have this separate out of Sale Only in Handguns and Rifles.

Why?

Let's say I have a handgun I want to trade and I post it in Handguns as a for trade but maybe I'm wanting to trade for a rifle. The only exposure it will get is other members looking at the handgun section.

By putting the WTT as its own section like WTB, you'll have others willing to trade but they will be looking at an entire sub forum of listings wanting to trade only.

Could this be a thing? I'm just an effin' new guy so I may be in the minority here.
I would agree that this would be good. It would also help those of us browsing guns for sale in a certain price range (say rifles searching $0-$400). When you do that search it throws all the WTT posts in even if they are drastically more expensive (like giving the list for an FN scar when doing that search). So that would make it a bit more user friendly for those using the price search.

Back
Top Bottom