• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What are push notifications and why would I want it?

It would make your "alerts" appear in your "smart" device or computer's notification area. The most useful is having PM alerts show on your phone's screen without needing the browser open.

It's all about marketing?

I am not a big fan of pushing anything.

Do you guys think that I can't get the information without your help?

It's all about marketing?

I am not a big fan of pushing anything.

Do you guys think that I can't get the information without your help?

As you control all of those alerts in your preferences, it's not a marketing thing. Unless you were subscribed to a forum or thread where a "marketing" post was posted and you had alerts configured; you're not getting anything even remotely "marketing" in one of those alerts.

Many prefer to get private message alerts and classifieds keyword alerts faster than logging in or waiting for an email.

That's why it's optional; if you don't like it, don't turn it on. The same goes for any of the configurable alerts.

Configuration options for "Pushes" are under Preferences.

1705014735896.png

And further down the page

1705014661930.png

To be fair, it is marketing in that it's a click generator to remind/induce you to engage with the site.

In theory you can configure it by checking boxes, but in my experience disabling push notifications only means that the site constantly pesters me to enable them. I constantly see this message, and not surprisingly, choosing "never ask again" always results in being asked again in a few days.

1705090992846.png

1705091043250.png

As you control all of those alerts in your preferences, it's not a marketing thing. Unless you were subscribed to a forum or thread where a "marketing" post was posted and you had alerts configured; you're not getting anything even remotely "marketing" in one of those alerts.

Many prefer to get private message alerts and classifieds keyword alerts faster than logging in or waiting for an email.

That's why it's optional; if you don't like it, don't turn it on. The same goes for any of the configurable alerts.
I don't want it. I have selected no, My question is how do I keep it from asking again EVERY time I open my browser?

Back
Top Bottom