• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

updated dust test vid++Would have called me crazy 2 days ago. But seeing is believing

BTW at the point you draw your last breath... You are no longer atheist nor agnostic.[/QUOTE] No at that point you are nothing.No hope

Yeah some folks are smarter than others...that's why they get on here & tell us how smart they are...for those who believe we need no explanation...for those who don't believe there is no explanation ...

Well I guess we all are so much smarter now that you have set us all straight.

BTW at the point you draw your last breath... You are no longer atheist nor agnostic.

I will be. Fear of death does not change my belief. I'm sure you have heard "there is no such thing as an atheist in a foxhole", implying being under fire. I can attest personally that this is not true. Me being an agnostic did not change in even the smallest amount.

Yeah some folks are smarter than others...that's why they get on here & tell us how smart they are...for those who believe we need no explanation...for those who don't believe there is no explanation ...

The last part of your statement is absolutely correct. I have never had a problem with another person's faith as long as they do not try and force their belief system on me, especially not via legislation. On the other hand, when a person of faith tries to equate the evidence of god to that of science, I will absolutely call them on it, just as I would in any other subject where strong evidence is compared to an unsubstantiated belief.

Your faith is fine, but don't try to convince me there is real evidence of god and expect a pass.

Well I guess we all are so much smarter now that you have set us all straight.

Go back and look...nowhere did I say anything about anyone being smarter than anyone else. What we have done, however, is give the most likely explanation given the evidence provided. In this case, the most likely explanation being that it's dust or water particles playing tricks with the camera.

BTW at the point you draw your last breath... You are no longer atheist nor agnostic.

You're right. At that point, in all likelihood, we are nothing but meat.

No at that point you are nothing.No hope[/QUOTE]

Nor will you be theistic or Christian or anything else. We all end up just as dead and without consciousness.

I will be. Fear of death does not change my belief. I'm sure you have heard "there is no such thing as an atheist in a foxhole", implying being under fire. I can attest personally that this is not true. Me being an agnostic did not change in even the smallest amount.

I took it to mean that he was referring to actually being dead.

If taken how you took it, you are right, of course. Being shot at by rabid theists did nothing to shake my beliefs.

Nor will you be theistic or Christian or anything else. We all end up just as dead and without consciousness.

You made the claim, now prove it.[/QUOTE]

biker messed up the quotes.

What I actually said was that we will be dead and without consciousness. This is born out by all the available evidence. There doesn't appear to be any difference in the death processes between Christians and non-Christians. And, of course, as far as we can tell scientifically, nothing survives the death process. When there is no brain activity, our consciousness is gone as far as we can tell.

Further evidence of this, of course, is when there is brain damage, we have a very clear picture illustrating this concept...one part of the brain is damaged, we see this deficit. Another part, and we see that deficit. Everything we can actually see and measure, then, points towards the idea that when the brain is completely "damaged", as in death, then we see complete deficits, in other words, complete destruction of the consciousness.

If you want to make a competing claim, that something happens to our consciousness after death, something that survives the death of the brain, then it is on you to back that claim up.

Back
Top Bottom