• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PSA: Once you leave the store your gun

The age old question:

Which is better- to sell a used gun close to or at the used price you bought it at (assuming little wear in your possession) or sell it at market regardless of what you paid for it?

I miss when it was about the trade. Too many no trade adds here now.

The 3 post a month limit doesn't help. But I don't make the rules here.
All about the sell and feature ads

I could see asking over retail if thats the targeted customer, but they want to see your birth certificate and write down your mothers maiden name and pretend to be an FFL
Never had that happen before from a private individual. But it has been a minute since I have bought from a stranger - so to speak.

Yup, screw this free market economy and all the work and responsibility that goes with it! Freedom sucks! Why let the market determine value when we could fix this like they do in big cities everywhere? We need price controls on the ODT. Maybe we can establish a panel or committee to determine the fair market value for everyone’s items like a Price Determination Commission (PDC). Or better yet, just a lone, Benevolent Dictator of Pricing (BDP), that way, he or she won’t have to squabble with committee members who aren’t as enlightened.

While we’re at it, the BDP should determine values based on things like “need”, “ability”, and “equity” and “diversity”.

The Poors should have a shot at trading a battle worn Hipoint up to a NIB Ed Brown Custom too, right?

Just my two cents worth…Better charge me four cents though, since I fit in several of the “privileged” categories.

Back
Top Bottom