• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just had a guy Flake on a trade deal. Lesson learned, communicate with anyone you don't know by PM.

I don't mind text or PM, because I generally don't get out of my comfort zone of trusted members now. I have dealt with enough folks in my area to know which ones are good ones and I ignore the rest, unforunately there are a lot of shady people creeping around the classifieds now days.

I don't mind text or PM, because I generally don't get out of my comfort zone of trusted members now. I have dealt with enough folks in my area to know which ones are good ones and I ignore the rest, unforunately there are a lot of shady people creeping around the classifieds now days.

That's a little biased.
Do you ever make new acquaintances?
I trust everybody and will give them all a chance, but that doesn't mean that I don't keep an eye on everybody, even those I have known for many years.

There are a lot of shady people everywhere. Wal-Mart fills up with them every day.

Well, burned again, made a deal, got the money together, set up a meeting , confirmed everything by PM, then get a PM he sold it to someone he just met in a store. "Boom" straight to my ignore list. I think in the future, I'll only deal with people I've dealt with before. Too many think honor and a hand shake are just a quaint thing of the past, maybe we should have an ODT Thunderdome, break a deal, face the wheel:thumb:

I checked your profile but you haven't left negative feedback yet?

Or it didn't stick?

Folks, we need to eliminate the duds from the group. If we don't leave negative how will the rest of us know?

I'm not obligated to deal with anyone, this is a hobby not a business. A lot of people want something for nothing on here, I deal with fellow enthusiasts, not skin-flints that haggle over how much they can get out of a deal.

So before the conformation PM was sent, you were texting or talking on the phone?

I do it all in PM, except the phone call before the meet.

Debit cards and texting. I have no use for either.
All communication was done by PM, The Offer, the acceptance and the meeting time and location, I withdrew money from my ATM, had I gone to the location I would have left neg feedback, but I had not left when I got another PM that he had sold it out from under me, when I make a deal it remains a standing offer unless the buyer backs out even if someone were to offer double the amount. That's why I use my ignore list, if I feel you're un-trustworthy, I have no more dealings with you, I hope that clears it up:becky:

All communication was done by PM, The Offer, the acceptance and the meeting time and location, I withdrew money from my ATM, had I gone to the location I would have left neg feedback, but I had not left when I got another PM that he had sold it out from under me, when I make a deal it remains a standing offer unless the buyer backs out even if someone were to offer double the amount. That's why I use my ignore list, if I feel you're un-trustworthy, I have no more dealings with you, I hope that clears it up:becky:

I believe Neg would stand, if not the Mods will let you know.

A man is only as good as his word.

Sorry for your troubles.

Thats like me, i dont leave.neg feedback unless i drove somewhere. Technically though you are well within your right to

But at least leave neutral feedback about him being a turd

Back
Top Bottom