• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just had a guy Flake on a trade deal. Lesson learned, communicate with anyone you don't know by PM.

I'm have disability but you can't see all the scars and the limp is not really noticeable and I'm retired Military (because of the Disability) but I don't go to Church enough so I guess you can say it's not enough affiliation, sooooo, will you still trade/swap/buy/sell/BS with me:confused:

Yes, I'll trade just so long as you don't require any BOS or that gayass peeking.

Those three things said by people looking for a handout or to win someone's trust, have pulled the wool over many people. Oh and for Gods sake let's not forget the children.

By the way going to church no more makes you a Christian than standing in a work shop will make you a mechanic.
It's better to believe and never go to church, than show up twice on Sunday and once on Wed. just to be seen.

TJ

My old phone (old like me), does not even text - and I like it that way. Although I had some folks get upset when they tried to text me and I never answered. (I better start telling them not to text or I might miss out on a trade):)

My old phone (old like me), does not even text - and I like it that way. Although I had some folks get upset when they tried to text me and I never answered. (I better start telling them not to text or I might miss out on a trade):)
Texting is not hard. Sometimes works better than talking.

I like talking too because it gives me a bit more information about the potential buyer. I walked away from one deal via Armslist because the guy explained that he needed the gun because his house was broken in and he didn't have a car so I'd have to come to him (crappy neighborhood in South Fulton) . Too many red flags to count. Would never had gotten that in a text.

There have been numerous cases where the text were sent to the wrong person. Actually there have been texting conversations that had unintended parties.

Texting is good for information that doesn't require an answer. Otherwise, I want to know who I'm talking to.

Yes, I'll trade just so long as you don't require any BOS or that gayass peeking.

Those three things said by people looking for a handout or to win someone's trust, have pulled the wool over many people. Oh and for Gods sake let's not forget the children.

By the way going to church no more makes you a Christian than standing in a work shop will make you a mechanic.
It's better to believe and never go to church, than show up twice on Sunday and once on Wed. just to be seen.

TJ
If I need a Bill of Sale, I'd use a dealer, never peek but if its a Handgun and I don't know you, a permit, gayass(?) or not is required. I've been burned on here before also, but I don't let my attitude effect my Judgement of others because they're not all carbon copies of me. Yep, don't forget the children, love mine and play well with others...

Well, burned again, made a deal, got the money together, set up a meeting , confirmed everything by PM, then get a PM he sold it to someone he just met in a store. "Boom" straight to my ignore list. I think in the future, I'll only deal with people I've dealt with before. Too many think honor and a hand shake are just a quaint thing of the past, maybe we should have an ODT Thunderdome, break a deal, face the wheel:thumb:

Well, burned again, made a deal, got the money together, set up a meeting , confirmed everything by PM, then get a PM he sold it to someone he just met in a store. "Boom" straight to my ignore list. I think in the future, I'll only deal with people I've dealt with before. Too many think honor and a hand shake are just a quaint thing of the past, maybe we should have an ODT Thunderdome, break a deal, face the wheel:thumb:

So before the conformation PM was sent, you were texting or talking on the phone?

I do it all in PM, except the phone call before the meet.

Debit cards and texting. I have no use for either.

Back
Top Bottom