• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just had a guy Flake on a trade deal. Lesson learned, communicate with anyone you don't know by PM.

At some point the use of a phone will come into play wether it be initially or at the meet up. Or am I suppose to use pm all the way even when I pull up to meet? What if site service through the phone isn't capable?

At some point the use of a phone will come into play wether it be initially or at the meet up. Or am I suppose to use pm all the way even when I pull up to meet? What if site service through the phone isn't capable?

At some point you will use your phone, but if you want the protections that the site offers, keep your talks in PM until you agree on a time and place. Not always, but quite often - the reason the other guy wants to text is to separate you from the site. Its probably the most common scam on eBay so it shouldn't be a surprise that it happens here.

So if I have a pm saying things like wanna trade this for that blah blah blah and the guy says ok cool text me and we will work it out.. And his phone number is in the pm. .... Then I provide proof from screenshots of the phone number saying he would meet and time and all that it won't stick cause you guys think they can be faked, that's a bunch of bull****!

tlw1179, your points are valid, given the status of social media in today’s society. In my opinion, the idea that something can be “faked”, is not the issue. Given that ODT Feedback, positive or negative, is a function of this site only, it makes since that only information, contained on this site, can be used to judge whether Negative Feedback is warranted. One can use the phone, text, heck even Facebook to work out a deal. However, once the deal is worked out and a time, place and the terms of the deal are set, send a PM to the buyer/seller/trader, to confirm the terms of the deal. Once the buyer/seller/trader replies to your PM, then those who decide whether Negative Feedback is warranted, have all the information about the terms of the deal, and can then make a competent decision, if the deal goes bad, because the terms of the deal are shown on ODT. Having that information on ODT is the key to the entire process. Whether something is “faked” or not, does not even enter into the process, if you do what you need to do. Again, Feedback on ODT, is a function of this site, and unless you have a deal confirmed in a PM on this site, then and only then can you give Negative Feedback that will stick.

Back
Top Bottom